2-Minute Drill: Get to Know Vikings DE Anree Saint-Amour

Viktor

Mar 19, 2019
rp0c4rcnnx5uk0ktreka

EAGAN, Minn. – Anree Saint-Amour remembers playing with his brother in the backyard as a young boy, learning and practicing hand movements to improve on the football field.

Years later, Anree’s big brother is helping him again – this time, with the hopes of performing on a much larger stage.

Manrey Saint-Amour is the older of the two by three years and was the starting center at Georgia Southern, earning First-Team All-Sun Belt Conference honors. He currently serves as the offensive line coach at Savannah State University in Georgia.

“He’s definitely been a big supporter. Growing up, that’s who I looked up to. I still look up to him,” said Anree, who signed with the Vikings as an undrafted free agent out of Georgia Tech this spring. “He’s just helping me stay focused. If I’m being lazy at home, he’s right there on my back telling me, ‘You’ve gotta go work.’

“He’s been giving me tips about how offensive linemen think,” added Anree, who said he still gets hand-movement tips from Manrey when he’s back home.

From video games to working out and playing football, the brothers were so inseparable growing up that they didn’t see much need to hang out with anyone else.

“Me and him were enough,” Anree said with a smile. “We’re real close-knit.”

An emphasis on family was important to Anree’s parents, Manfred and Renise Saint-Amour, who are from Haiti. Their first two children, Manrey and a daughter, were born in Haiti before the family moved to America.