2-Minute Drill: Get to Know Vikings T Oli Udoh

Viktor

Mar 19, 2019
jna1j3fakkz2ucydbbdf

Vikings Head Coach Mike Zimmer highlighted Udoh’s size and athleticism during his session with Twin Cities media members on Saturday.

“[He’s] very smart,” Zimmer added. “He’s done a good job. Obviously, he’s still working on technique and hand placement and all those things, but I think the coaches have been impressed with him.”

Udoh is learning from Vikings Offensive Line Coach/Run Game Coordinator Rick Dennison, whom the team hired during the offseason.

The rookie called Dennison a “technician” with a low-key demeanor.

“He really emphasizes, on our zone techniques, gaining with our first step. He puts a lot of emphasis on the different protections that we have,” Udoh said. “He’s a pretty cool coach to play for.”

Under the guidance of Offensive Coordinator Kevin Stefanski and with the influence of Assistant Head Coach/Offensive Advisor Gary Kubiak, the Vikings are gaining a new offensive identity for 2019.

The focus on being an athletic, fast-paced unit excites Udoh as he continues to feel more and more comfortable in the system.

“The fact that they’re saying they want to play fast, I respect that. It’s awesome,” he said.

“It’s a learning experience for everybody,” Udoh added. “Just the fact that [the veterans ask] questions and I get to listen in on that and gather as much knowledge as I can from the conversations that we have in the room, it’s great.”