2019 Preseason Practice Observations: Tre Boston makes a lot of noise

Sir Purr

Mar 16, 2019
xagd2k21kqcmhujariii

“I thought the quarterbacks had good days. I thought they came and tried to make some things happen. They’re resilient,” head coach Ron Rivera said. “Kyle is as resilient and aloof to pressure as anyone I’ve ever seen in a quarterback. I thought he handled it well.

“Will is trying so hard. He’s a young guy that wants to learn and wants to go out there and do things the right way. He’s just got to relax in my opinion. From what I see, I just think he presses sometimes.”

--Tight end Ian Thomas returned to practice for the first time since suffering a rib injury against the Bears in the preseason opener. His touchdown catch on a pass from quarterback Taylor Heinicke came right before the final horn sounded to close out a productive day.

“Ian practiced well today,” Rivera said. “It really was good to see him out on the field. He did a couple nice things. He’s got a lot to learn and a lot of work to get done before the opener, but it’s just good to see him running around. He’s going to be a part of what we do.”

--Defensive tackle Vernon Butler, safety Colin Jones and offensive lineman Brandon Greene did not practice. Linebacker Shaq Thompson, who was held out of the Bills game, was out there for the early portions of practice but was off to the side once team periods began.

--I feel you, Kyle Love. I feel you.