7th-Round Summary: Vikings Address All 3 Phases with Final 4 Picks

Viktor

Mar 19, 2019
asvtijvsqfsesguttepe

Here’s a look at Minnesota’s seventh-round selections:

Pick No. 217: Texas CB Kris Boyd

Boyd played four seasons for the Longhorns, totaling 191 tackles (141 solo) over his collegiate career. As a senior in 2018, he recorded 67 tackles (49 solo), one interception, 1.0 sack, 4.5 tackles for loss, 16 passes broken up and one forced fumble.

Boyd will reunite in Minnesota with Texas teammate Holton Hill, who signed with the Vikings last spring as an undrafted free agent. The two committed to the University of Texas at the same time coming out of high school, and Boyd said he’s looking forward to sharing a locker room with Hill.

“It’s crazy because 20-30 minutes before I got drafted, me and him were on the phone together, and we were just having a casual conversation not thinking nothing of it,” Boyd said. “We were just like if we had the opportunity to be drafted to the same team and then right after that happened me, him, and Devante [Davis], we had a three-way Facetime, all smiling.

“It’s a blessing getting this opportunity,” Boyd added. “When you get that coming from where I come from, I’m just happy, ready to embrace it, and just show everybody what time of player I am.”

Boyd credited Texas Head Coach Jason Washington for helping develop his game.

“I feel like he doesn’t get the recognition he needs,” Boyd said. “He came in and made an impact on me, Hollywood (Hill) and Devante [quickly]. If you go back and look at the film when we were with [former Head Coach Charlie Strong] and then go look when were with [Washington], the technique changed. Everything changed, and you can see it in the film.”