Aaron Rodgers' journey to a third NFL MVP award

Cheesehead

Mar 19, 2019
ttnqscnl4ws1lppa0rbs

There was a lot on the line when the Packers traveled down to Soldier Field for their regular-season finale against the Chicago Bears. Green Bay was looking to claim the No. 1 seed in the NFC playoffs for the first time in nine years, while Rodgers looked to put the finishing touches on an MVP season. Neither the Packers nor their quarterback left any doubt. Rodgers threw for 240 yards and four TDs to power Green Bay to a 35-16 win over the Bears. It marked the first time the Packers had won 13 games in back-to-back regular seasons in 23 years.

Adams: "The MVP should be locked up. There's nothing else to really talk about. You look at what we've done and what he's been able to do, and they've hit him with everything. Said he didn't have any weapons, and we go out there and go 13-3 regular season."

Bakhtiari: "You look at his numbers, you look at his efficiency, you look at his decision-making, you look at how he brings up everyone on the offense. I see him every day, going in and out, I don't think there's a smarter guy in the NFL. … For me, 37 years old, you're balling, man. What more do you need? Look what he's doing."

Lewis: "I don't know if I've been around more of a complete player at that position, ever, in my life. Not just what he can do physically on the field but how he approaches the game, how he carries himself around the building, how he treats people, just his mentality."

James Jones, former Packers receiver and current NFL Network analyst: "When I'm watching him this year, it looks like I was watching a 22-year-old Aaron Rodgers, man. Just how he was delivering the ball, all the different arm angles he's still throwing the ball with."

LaFleur: "I will say that this is as good as I've ever seen anybody play, just his ability to go out there and get us in the right looks and shoot, even, you know, when I make a bad call he definitely makes us look good. In my eyes, he's an MVP player. No doubt about it. And I wouldn't want any other quarterback on our football team."

Nathaniel Hackett, Packers offensive coordinator: "He's been out on a mission. His ability to focus and be serious and make sure everybody's doing the right stuff, holding everybody accountable. But at the same time, he's still enjoying it and having fun."

Rodgers: "(It's more) just proving to myself again the level I can play at after a couple of years where I felt like I played well (but) the results didn't always line up with how I felt I was playing. It's nice to have everything line up."