Action Reaction: Vikings Make Necessary Plays in Crunch Time

Viktor

Mar 19, 2019
osrjdbbb714gczhugkxt

Postgame reaction:

"I thought we played really good in the first half, and offensively in the second half, we did a great job of coming back after they scored a couple times. I thought Justin Jefferson made some outstanding catches. Kirk made some really good throws today. Obviously, Dalvin's a really, really good football player and runner, and the offensive line protected well. It was good to get a win."

— Head Coach Mike Zimmer

It's just a feeling that you have. I think the more confidence he gets in understanding he can make those, the more he'll do them. But at the same time, we have to be smart with the ball. I don't believe we turned the ball over today. That's big too. Taking care of the football, time of possession. Our offense, we talked about trying to control the game offensively by the time of possession and getting first down, and I thought we did that."

— Zimmer on Cousins making more aggressive throws

"That was critical. I think in between our defense had a stop, which was big. So you kind of build off one another. I think our team, like starting the game when our defense gets them to punt quickly, I think that helps our offense. We had great field position all game long, too, which was a huge positive. I think field position is an underrated aspect of having a good day offensively. I felt like we were rarely backed up if at all and that enabled us to get into field goal range quickly. That was certainly a big couple of series to be able to pull away a little bit."

— Cousins on being able to turn the 17-16 lead into a 31-16 edge