Avid Cardinals Supporter Heads To Super Bowl As Hall Of Fans Finalist

Big Red

Mar 16, 2019
dl32quepw9rvwr8jca99

But Kristi had to give her tickets up in 2018 after her son was diagnosed with Chiari malformation, a neurological disorder. The medical issues led to mounting financial difficulties.

"After going to every game for 20-plus years, it hit me really hard when I had to give up those season tickets," Brown said. "That's your life. That's what you do. It was a big change, and the first couple of years, I had a really hard time not going to the games. But then I thought to myself, 'I'm still a diehard fan whether I'm there or I'm at home. I'm still watching the game.' Financially, it just couldn't work. In hindsight it's cool because I get to watch the game with my kids. I get to teach them about the game and get them excited about the Cardinals."

Brown was a Cardinals cheerleader in 2010 and 2011, a memory she treasures to this day – even if it came with some close calls at times.

"If you take one of the biggest fans and put them down in the action, how can it get any better?" Brown said. "I always kind of giggled that I would get in trouble sometimes from my captains because I wasn't paying attention to what I was supposed to be doing, instead paying attention to the plays."

Brown was a season ticket member for every year of the Bruce Arians era, and now gets to see the former Cardinals coach compete for a Super Bowl ring.

There will only be 25,000 fans in attendance because of COVID-19, and Brown will be one of the chosen few.

"I can't wait," she said. "I did go to the Super Bowl when the Cardinals were in it, but I was just living in the moment when that Super Bowl was going on. I think I maybe took two pictures the entire time. This time I'm like, 'I've got to soak everything up a little bit more and have some memories.'"

Continue reading...