Billy Turner fitting right in with Packers’ offensive line

Cheesehead

Mar 19, 2019
kdn2eyu7qm9162u1xqn7

Bulaga, the longest tenured offensive lineman on the roster by three years, welcomed the addition of Turner with open arms and has enjoyed the reps he’s been afforded alongside his teammate.

Since T.J. Lang’s departure after the 2016 season, Bulaga has had to adjust and adapt to playing next to a carousel of right guards, which was even more challenging last year when Bulaga’s rehab from ACL surgery prevented him from seeing any in-game action until the preseason finale in Kansas City.

Bulaga returned to form in 14 starts for the Packers, but injuries elsewhere caused him play alongside three different right guards (Byron Bell, Justin McCray and Lucas Patrick) during the final month of the season.

The opportunity to gain familiarity with Turner’s game this offseason already has their partnership ahead of the curve Bulaga has grown accustomed to.

“I think it’s been great,” said Bulaga of lining up next to Turner. “When you’re playing next to someone new, you have to learn each other’s ins and outs, what they are very good at, what they’re maybe not so good at, and you have to adjust your game to fit that. I think Billy and I have done a really good job kind of working through those things with each other.”