Bisi Johnson Stayed Prepared, Seized Opportunity Against Panthers

Viktor

Mar 19, 2019
sdclaqbf4jgdguzirljv

EAGAN, Minn. – Bisi Johnson doesn't take a single snap for granted.

When the Vikings receiver had the opportunity to step in for Adam Thielen Sunday against the Panthers, he stepped up. Johnson played a bigger role in Minnesota's offense in the absence of Thielen, and he caught all seven passes thrown his way for a career-high 74 yards in a 28-27 Vikings win.

Johnson recorded two catches of 17 yards, including one on third-and-10 that kept the Vikings alive on a fourth-quarter drive capped by Justin Jefferson's second touchdown of the day. Following the score, he nabbed the 2-point conversion pass to make it a 24-21 game.

According to Johnson, the Vikings had done a walk-through of that play last month before the Monday Night Football game at Chicago.

"At that time, I wasn't exactly sure what I was doing on the play, so ever since then I've memorized that play really well, and I knew there was going to be an opportunity for it to come up in this game," Johnson said. "We had to go for a 2-point conversion, and before the snap even came, I knew the ball was coming to me. I just got my depth, and I wasn't positive if I was across the line or not, so that's why I kind of stuck one hand out just to make sure."