Broncos, Briefly: Monday, Aug. 19, 2019

Miles

Mar 18, 2019
gvd8xwbp5mkxvfdsxeql

Another game, another chance to progress for Broncos quarterback Drew Lock (Ryan O’Halloran The Denver Post)

Lock and the rest of the Broncos offense would be wise to take the fight to the 49ers in Monday night’s preseason game (6 p.m.). After a woeful Friday performance, the offense responded with action (more good plays) and words (out-chirping the chirpy 49ers).

A carry-over for Lock will allow him to take another step toward being Joe Flacco’s backup on Sept. 9 against Oakland.

Sanders credits work ethic, Elway's faith for comeback from two ankle surgeries (Mike Klis, 9News)

Time, health and the laws of football were conspiring to halt Sanders from adding on to his 535 career catches and 7,024 receiving yards.

Yet in recent weeks Sanders has been darting around Broncos’ training camp looking every bit the impact receiver he had always been when healthy.

Field Flip: How in 9 days Broncos Stadium changed from The Rolling Stones to the NFL (Kyle Fredrickson, The Denver Post)

The first of 15 trucks rolled into Broncos Stadium at 4:30 a.m. Wednesday, each filled with two-dozen rolls of premium Kentucky Bluegrass as every blade was grown, watered, cut and closely monitored for two years, all for this moment.

A preseason “Monday Night Football” debut as the home playing surface for the 2019 Denver Broncos.

Vic Fangio Is Bringing His Hometown Vibes to Denver (Conor Orr, MMQB)

Fangio has coached in many different locations over the years, but he’s never forgotten his roots in his hometown of Dunmore, Penn. And now that Mike Munchak, from the neighboring Scranton, is also on his coaching staff, there’s an undeniable Northeast Pennsylvania influence around the Denver facilities.

Broncos union rep Brandon McManus stresses education, preparation for teammates as CBA talks continue (Nicki Jhabvala, The Athletic)

“I don’t think we’re anticipating it at this time,” Broncos kicker Brandon McManus, the team’s NFL Players Association player representative, said of a potential lockout in 2021. “There are still two full seasons we have to go through, this year and the next. I know that initially, in the beginning, I think the talks were positive, just some rumblings. I don’t think they’ve gone as well since then. So what the (players association) has done is they don’t want anything to happen like it did last time they had a lockout with guys taking out ridiculous loans with these huge interest rates. We’re just trying to educate a lot of guys this time around who have who obviously didn’t factor in last lockout.”