Broncos, Briefly: Thursday, Oct. 3, 2019

Miles

Mar 18, 2019
dqzlqeqk3mjjhjee6ggh

New LB Jeremiah Attaochu looking forward to facing old team (Ryan O’Halloran, The Denver Post)

Attaochu was a second-round draft pick by the then-San Diego Chargers in 2014. Now in Los Angeles, the Chargers host the Broncos on Sunday.

“Definitely a little extra incentive,” Attaochu said before practice on Wednesday. “I’ve been waiting on this for a long time.”

‘All of them are just plain athletes’: How three RBs have brought attention to Colorado (Nicki Jhabvala, The Athletic)

Colorado is no Texas or Georgia and certainly no Florida or California. While many NFL players have come out of Colorado, the majority have been linemen — Campbell, Nate Solder, Ryan Jensen, Mitch Unrein, Ben Garland, Erik Pears and so on — with the rare skill-position players, like LenDale White, mixed in between.

But over the last couple of years, a trio of running backs has cast a spotlight on a state so often overlooked, taking the NFL by storm with their production and, for a couple of them, unlikely paths.

Denver Broncos don’t see themselves as 0-4 team (Arnie Stapleton, Associated Press)

The Denver Broncos insist they’re not as rotten as their record or their luck.

“We’re 0-4,” linebacker Todd Davis said, “but we’re not an 0-4 team.”

Why Dalton Risner is already being called a “franchise cornerstone” in Denver (Zac Stevens, DNVR)

“He’s one of the best offensive linemen out there right now. As a rookie,” Phillip Lindsay said, adding emphasis to just how good he believes Dalton Risner has been. “Dalton’s going to make a lot of plays in the NFL for a very long time. I’m happy he’s on my team. And we’re going to continue to grow.”