Broncos, Briefly: Wednesday, Aug. 21, 2019

Miles

Mar 18, 2019
fvikzhc6o4qqshdw1okj

Left tackle alert: Bradley Chubb says his best days are ahead (Mike Klis, 9News)

Bradley Chubb wasn’t himself last season.

That’s what he said if you can believe it. He had a better rookie year than Von Miller and Miller won NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year.

Yet, Chubb, who apparently is a bit of a perfectionist, says the first-year version of himself doesn’t stack up to what he’s about to become.

Broncos QB Drew Lock suffers sprained right thumb, expected to miss start of regular season, source says (Ryan O’Halloran, The Denver Post)

Broncos quarterback Drew Lock is expected to miss the start of the regular season due to a sprained right thumb sustained in Monday’s loss to the San Francisco 49ers.

After the game, Lock said X-rays were negative and he would have an MRI on Tuesday. He will not need surgery. The NFL Network first reported the injury, which a source confirmed.

Why the Broncos turned to Joe Flacco to solve quarterback woes (Jeff Legwold, ESPN)

"I do think I've got a lot left in my tank," Flacco said. " ... I do feel like there is a lot more I can show, no question."

Why Flacco? Why now?

The Broncos offense needs to show improvement in a hurry (Cecil Lammey, 104.3 The Fan)

The Broncos offense needs to vastly improve in a short amount of time. Can they do it? Let’s take a look.