Broncos nominate Andrew Beck for 2020 Salute to Service Award presented by USAA

Miles

Mar 18, 2019
eeyrmawji2y5anffobye

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. — Denver Broncos fullback/tight end Andrew Beck has been selected as the team's nominee for the 2020 Salute to Service Award presented by USAA, it was announced.

Beck has shown a commitment to supporting military service members and their families throughout his two seasons in Denver. He partnered with America's Gold Star Families, Buckley Air Force Base, Fort Carson Army Base, TAPS (Tragedy Assistance Program for Survivors), USO Denver, VA Eastern Colorado Health Care System and Volunteers of America: Colorado last season, reaching more than 300 military families through his combined outreach.

As part of the NFL's 2019 Salute to Service campaign, Beck volunteered at a PLAY 60 clinic to support kids from military families, met with veterans at a local VA hospital and orchestrated "Beck's Bags," a military care packaging event hosted by the Broncos. The team assembled 200 care packages for homeless veterans in the Denver Metro Area ahead of the holiday season at the event.

In addition, Beck selected America's Gold Star Families and represented the nonprofit in the league's annual My Cause My Cleats campaign last season. He auctioned his cleats and raised funds to sponsor their 5K Run/1 Mile Walk for Fallen Heroes.

Beck will once again honor America's Gold Star Families in 2020, hosting a design contest for kids served by the organization. Participants will have the unique opportunity to design the cleats Beck will wear in the My Cause My Cleats game during Week 13 and meet the tight end during a virtual outreach session ahead of the game.

Before it was cancelled due to COVID-19, Beck was slated to be a featured player on the annual NFL USO Tour during the offseason. The event is designed to meet overseas troops while being educated on the dedication and sacrifice it takes to serve the country.

Beck grew up in a military family, as his father, Chris, is a former colonel in the U.S. Army.

The Salute to Service Award is part of the NFL and USAA's year-round commitment to recognize and honor the military community. Each year, the NFL and its 32 teams come together to honor, empower and connect with members of the military as part of the NFL's Salute to Service initiative.

USAA is the Official Salute to Service Partner of the Broncos.