Cardinals Players Glad To Finally Meet Kliff Kingsbury

Big Red

Mar 16, 2019
fuzik2pvewzxp5c8ufir

Kliff Kingsbury left a good first impression on one of his best players Monday, but maybe not the way he intended.

The Cardinals’ coach sent a message to the entire roster that morning, communicating how excited he was to have them in the building for the start of voluntary offseason work. Budda Baker appreciated the pleasantry, but the third-year safety also had something else on his mind.

“We (the players) were talking about the parking, because we didn’t know the parking situation yet,” Baker said. “I had my spot last year. I didn’t know if it changed. No one put that out yet, so I hit him up, like, ‘So, what are the parking arrangements?’”

Baker passed along the good news to the media on Tuesday afternoon.

“I get to keep my spot,” Baker said.

Like several others on the team, Baker is on his third coach in the past three years and ready to get to know Kingsbury. While only strength and conditioning coaches are allowed to be on the field with the players, the team had its first meeting on Monday, where Kingsbury was finally able to address the group after several months of anticipation.

With the parking situation squared away, Baker had time to get a feel for Kingsbury’s personality.

“It’s a whole new, different type of energy,” Baker said, adding that “when you listen to him, he’s big into getting things done.”

Continue reading...