Christian Kirksey expects seamless shift to Packers' defense

Cheesehead

Mar 19, 2019
ysrzakm1rkdfbj2p26pa

The Packers had a tight-knit locker room in 2019, so it's easy to see Kirksey fitting in. Getting to know his teammates and coaches might take a little longer than normal with the upcoming "virtual" offseason program keeping them apart indefinitely, but from his current home base in San Diego he plans to use the online meetings and chats over the playbook as a starting point.

As someone who battled through six non-playoff years in Cleveland, including just one win through the 2016-17 seasons, Kirksey can't help but be excited about joining a team that went to the NFC title game a year ago. He's already made an impact in the Green Bay community with a donation to Paul's Pantry to help those in need during the pandemic.

The almost constant smile on his face reflects a generally positive disposition no matter the situation – losing seasons, injuries, a pandemic-adjusted offseason. For all the change he's experienced in his football career, there's a way he goes about his life, on and off the field, that doesn't change at all.

"You have to weather the storm," Kirksey said. "Everybody goes through their hardships in life or upsets they're not proud of, but life goes on. You can't sit and soak in your sorrows and pout about it. You have to keep a sound mindset and know there's a blessing in every storm.

"I believe those struggles and downfalls in Cleveland made me who I am and built my character."