Christian McCaffrey excited to get to work with new head coach Matt Rhule

Sir Purr

Mar 16, 2019
jocw7sm8frxymvllklxl

“I love it, man, I love it. He might be a little toasty during camp, but I love it,” McCaffrey said. “He’s got his own little swag. A lot of coaches have that, but I’ve never seen the smock. My mom actually pointed it out to me yesterday when we were talking on the phone and I didn’t know what a smock was.

“She was like, ‘He’s got like a signature smock,’ I asked, ‘What’s a smock?’ then I started Googling the pictures and I’d honestly never seen one of those before, but I can respect his swag.”

Rhule has made it clear the smock is retired, so McCaffrey and the Panthers will have to wait and see what Rhule's signature wardrobe will look like in Carolina, and they'll also have to wait for his first chance to address the entire team. While McCaffrey’s teammates may not be around the stadium and interacting with their new coach face-to-face, he said he isn’t the only one excited about the new hire.

“Everybody’s all in, as far as I know,” McCaffrey said. “Every guy I’ve talked to, we’re very excited to have him. It was such an interesting year last year, I think we were just excited when all that stuff happened just to find out who the coach was going to be. We’re all hands on deck and really excited for an opportunity to learn from him and play for him.”