Cook Feels ‘Better Than Expected,’ Maintains Confidence in Playing Sunday

Viktor

Mar 19, 2019
hbecmtdodutxpqmoe6ez

If Cook does play this weekend, does he expect the Lions to approach him differently this time around, considering his production in October?

According to Next Gen Stats, Cook faced an 8-man box (one extra defender along with the front seven) just 16 percent of the time against the Lions. His season average, including that game, is 24.2 percent.

Cook said he “hopes” the Lions put more defenders in the box.

“If they do, we’re still going to do what we do,” Cook said.

He paused a moment, smiled and then added: “But if they don’t, it should be a good day.”

The Vikings currently are at 8-4 with four regular-season games remaining, including home matchups against all three division opponents. They currently control their own destiny and stand in a favorable position to make the postseason.

So, is it tempting for Cook to step aside and miss some time in hopes of being at 100 percent in a few weeks?

Not if it’s left up to him.

“I love playing football,” Cook said. “[Sitting out is] not part of my plan; it never was part of my plan. It’s never something I thought about. I love being on the field.

“It’s fun being out there, and I missed enough time before,” he added. “I’m gonna try to be on the field.”