D.J. Humphries Signs Three-Year Extension With Cardinals

Big Red

Mar 16, 2019
yzhoetkh8iapp7n0boqc

The idea when the Cardinals drafted D.J. Humphries in the first round in 2015 was that he would develop into the team's long-term left tackle.

That was anything but a sure thing for few years, while Humphries both matured and endured injuries. But after a solid season in 2019, when Humphries stayed healthy and played well in the last year of his rookie contract, the Cardinals made sure he was staying around, signing Humphries to a three-year extension Tuesday.

A press conference is scheduled for noon.

The team did not announce financial details, but the NFL Network reported it was worth up to $45 million with $29 million guaranteed. Humphries made $9.6 million in salary in 2019.

"I told (coach) Kliff (Kingsbury) at the beginning of the season, I've never been at the forefront of anything," Humphries said in December. "I want to insert myself into this, because I feel like it's important, and I feel like it's something I should be a part of. That's what I want."

Humphries was the Cardinals' top free-agent priority of their own free-agents-to-be, with running back Kenyan Drake also someone the Cards would like to retain.

Continue reading...