Dalvin Cook: ‘I’ll Be Good to Go’ for Vikings Final Stretch

Viktor

Mar 19, 2019
mhcs6cn47rqsijnprti2

“[It was] precautionary. It’s a lot that we’ve got ahead of us, and the guys that are behind me – Alex and [Mike] Boone and Ameer [Abdullah] – they’re top guys,” Cook said. “They could be starting on somebody’s team. We’ve got a lot of trust in those guys. Alex came in and played a good game, Boone stepped in on some plays.

“So yeah, we just have to know what we’ve got ahead of us. We’ve got four crucial games ahead of us, and I have to be ready to go for those games. I was all-in for them holding me out and looking forward to what we’ve got ahead of us.”

Prior to leaving the game, Cook had nine carries for 22 yards and the Vikings opening drive touchdown. He also had three catches for 35 yards.

He emphasized the importance of ball security and did not use the injury as an excuse.

“No matter if I get injured or not, I can’t turn the ball over. I hold myself a thousand-percent responsible,” Cook said.

The Vikings attempted a late-game comeback, nearly overcoming a 17-point deficit and clawing their way back to within four, but they ultimately couldn’t overcome a third quarter that unraveled quickly.

Still, Cook highlighted the team’s resilience.

“We fought our tails off,” he said. “We had a chance to win at the end – very exciting, great environment to go win it in. We didn’t capitalize. But I’m proud of the guys how we fought, and we just have to respond quick.

“That’s the type of team we’ve got. We’re going to be ready to go on Sunday [against] Detroit,” Cook added. “Here we go.”