Dalvin Cook: Shoulder Injury ‘Not the End of the World’

Viktor

Mar 19, 2019
voywnlbj8kebd7w7ghht

EAGAN, Minn. – Nobody panic, OK?

That was the message by Dalvin Cook on Thursday as he fielded questions about his injured shoulder from Twin Cities media members.

The Vikings running back left Sunday’s game and said he’s continuing to follow his weekly routine in hopes that he can play Monday.

Cook was asked if this is a “frustrating time” for him, given that he missed 17 of 32 games during his first two seasons with ACL and hamstring injuries, respectively.

“No, it’s part of the game. It’s football,” Cook said with some gusto. “It’s not the end of the world – you all know that, right? We’re still playing football. We’re winning. We won Sunday. I’ll be all right.”

He assured that he’s been in the training room every morning “grinding and trying to get my shoulder right so I can be available when my team needs me.”

Cook also clarified that the shoulder injury is different than a chest injury he previously was battling.

Given that the Vikings have a favorable chance of making the playoffs (and actually could clinch a postseason berth Saturday night if the 49ers beat the Rams), has Cook given any thought to just “shutting it down” for the final two games of the regular season?