Davante Adams making his case for being best receiver in the game

Cheesehead

Mar 19, 2019
idjodxfsfffillkqdgk1

"I think that's fair to say," Adams said. "I think that's not being conceited; that's just being confident. I think obviously what I've done and what I'm going to continue to do is going to prove that, to anybody who isn't on board with that.

"At the end of the day, I'll tell you yes, absolutely, I think I'm the best wide receiver in the game, but there's a lot of things that go into me being able to make that statement."

Since returning from a two-game layoff due to a hamstring injury, Adams caught 13 passes for 196 yards and two touchdowns against Houston, registered his first three-TD day this past Sunday against Minnesota and then came back four days later with another monumental evening against the 49ers.

Adams' first catch of the night might have been his most spectacular as he made a leaping grab in the end zone and managed to land in-bounds for the 36-yard touchdown, his NFL-leading eighth TD catch of the season.

Facing a fourth-and-1 situation in second quarter, quarterback Aaron Rodgers flipped a pass to Adams in the flat. Despite 49ers safety Jamar Taylor being draped on him, Adams still brought in the pass to convert the first down. Later in the drive, Adams drew a defensive pass interference call against Jason Verrett in the end zone prior to Marcedes Lewis' 1-yard TD catch.

With the Packers staked to a 21-3 lead at halftime, Adams effectively closed the book on the 49ers when he broke free down the sideline on third-and-9 for a 49-yard catch, his longest of the season, before stepping out of bounds.

True to form, Adams was again a problem for opposing defenses on third down. He helped convert four of the Packers' six on Thursday night, including a 34-yard reception on third-and-4 when Green Bay was backed up at its own 11 to start the fourth quarter.

"He's such a great player," said Rodgers, who threw four touchdowns against the 49ers. "We hit him with a lot of different things tonight. Hit him on the first possession with a go ball that he made a nice adjustment on. On the last possession we were in on an inside go route. He's so talented, he can do it all, handles himself the right way. Just a joy to play with. A special guy."