David Tepper welcomes fans to 2019 Draft Party

Sir Purr

Mar 16, 2019
wmfsqtowg6s61vftn7xz

The Panthers added to their potential this time last year by making Moore the first wide receiver selected in the 2018 draft, taking him with the 24th overall pick.

“I didn’t go (to the draft) because I wasn’t invited,” Moore said, reminiscing about his special night. “I turned it into a family thing and into a Philly thing.”

Jackson, a cornerback taken by Carolina on the second night of the draft - in the second round - said he was “very relieved” when he got the call from Carolina.

“I had visited here about a week before the draft,” Jackson said, “and I loved it.”

The love affair with last year’s top two picks and with the team’s owner was on full display Thursday, as fans crowded around the stage to hear from the trio before settling into the draft.

Jackson said he’d like to see Carolina select a defensive end at No. 16, “someone who can help me get interceptions and help us get to the Super Bowl.” Moore too mentioned adding a defensive player to help keep points off the board.

As for Tepper? He expressed interest in a player along either line of scrimmage before heading to the Panthers war room to see how the first pick of his first draft would turn out.