Final Thoughts: 'Urgency's There' but Vikings Seek Production to Match

Viktor

Mar 19, 2019
dlatomu8503qifjsjbz5

"I always have urgency, right? Going into Week 1, I feel it. Going into Week 2, I feel it," Cousins said. "And certainly now going into Week 3, I feel it. The urgency doesn't really go down but it also probably doesn't go up just because you only get 16 of these opportunities and all March, April, May I'm at my house training five, six days a week for only 16 opportunities.

"The urgency is there everywhere but what we certainly need to improve on, in addition to just having urgency, is to have production," Cousins added. "That's really where my focus is. The urgency's there but we need the production to go with it."

Through two weeks, Cousins' passer rating is a league-worst 61.9 among the 34 quarterbacks who have started at least one game in 2020. He'll be counted upon to help lead an offense that may need to pick up a defense that has been ravaged by injuries this year.

Linebacker Anthony Barr has been lost for the season, while starting cornerbacks Mike Hughes and Cameron Dantzler have been ruled out. Troy Dye is also on Injured Reserve.

That unit will be up against a tough Titans offense that features a workhorse running back in Derrick Henry and elite play by quarterback Ryan Tannehill.

Plus, the Vikings will have to find their mojo at home in a venue without fans because of COVID-19.

"I think they understand the situation now, and what it's going to be like," Zimmer said of the lack of fans in attendance. "They have a lot better feeling for what it's like to play in empty stadiums."