Fuller providing excellence, versatility at corner

Staley Da Bear

Mar 16, 2019
elfvhecd4njpm5w3v97v

Fuller's physical style of play is rare at his position.

"We've all seen corners that make business decisions when it comes to tackling," Pagano said. "Some are just 'cat' coverage: 'I've got that cat and you guys can handle the rest of the stuff.'

"He's a physical dude. I think the expectations in the room and the expectations in Chicago for a long, long time are that you come and be a part of this group—coaches, players, whatever—we know what those expectations are. You've got to be a rough rider. He's a rough rider."

Fuller's teammates appreciate his toughness.

"You definitely love a corner that'll come up and hit, like setting edges and things of that nature," said linebacker Roquan Smith. "It definitely makes a defense a lot better when a guy can cover as well as not [being] afraid to put his pads in there. I've got a lot of respect for that guy. I'm extremely happy that the guy's on my team and I love the energy."

"I've never been around a corner that hits like him," added safety Tashaun Gipson, a nine-year NFL veteran. "I've never seen a corner with that type of mindset. It's refreshing to know that, one, your corner's not scared to tackle, but your corner's laying boom-sticks, hit-sticks on people.

"The man can flat out ball, and when you're talking about physical cornerbacks, he's never shied away from contact. And that's refreshing to know that you've got a cornerback that can come in and do that. Kyle's not only a pro's pro off the field, but he's an All-Pro on the field."