Getting Open: John Randle Helping Connect Legends Community with Mental Health Resources

Viktor

Mar 19, 2019
wl7oxyxvrojvah002qd2

"That may be getting into college coaching, or maybe you want to go back to get your college degree. Or you're thinking about getting into radio or television. That's what we're trying to do," said Randle.

The Legends Community initiative has grown to now being involved at some of the year's biggest events, including the NFL Scouting Combine, NFL Draft, the Super Bowl and the Pro Bowl. Randle and his comrades even have a presence at the Senior Bowl.

Randle has been passionate about the role he's held since 2019.

"I love doing this," he said. "Being in the National Football League, first of all, was an honor and a pleasure to play a game that so many people wish they could have played. … I looked up to so many guys who came before us – that's the Randy Whites, the Howie Longs, the Alan Pages, the Jim Marshalls – who made this game what it is today. So this allowed me to give back to other former players who have done so much for the game.

"Being around these guys, I see it as 22,000 former players in a huddle, allowing me to be in the huddle and to assist those guys – finding ways to make their transition or their second career better," Randle continued. "It's a great role, it's a fun role, and it allows you be a part of the NFL but just in a different capacity."