Grill Bill: Who will start next to Eric Reid?

Sir Purr

Mar 16, 2019
cyuhxrb9ewdubhzihj3m

–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

@karlvann _We need another target for Cam.. what round do you think we might look for one? Thank you Bill

Remember when the Colts kept adding targets for Andrew Luck? That was fun in the spring. Wasn’t as much fun in the fall when his line failed.

So I couldn’t agree more with the Panthers’ early offseason strategy of focusing on the line. And they shouldn’t be finished there.

Website submission from Caden in South Hill, VA: With the signing of Bruce Irvin, does this change who the Panthers will draft?

Not at all.

Irvin is an important addition, but once again, both lines needed to be revamped this offseason. You don’t do that with just one or two signings. Draft, waiver wire, free agents, potential trades — all options should still be on the table.

@KemmerlinJustin What is the status of Vernon Butler? Hasn't lived up to first round selection. With us going to more of a multiple front look, is he expendable?

The big question with Butler is whether the Panthers will pick up his fifth-year option. That deadline is May 3. I’d be surprised if that happens considering how little production the Panthers have gotten out of the 2016 first-round pick. But as long as Butler is still here, he’ll have chances to finally break out at tackle or as an end in a 3-4 look.

And now, the lightning round …

Website submission from Stan in Winston-Salem, NC: I love Cam and that being said could you let him know to drop the crazy fonts in his messages? I know he likes to be a trend setter but the the words do that and not the font. It makes his intent miss the mark.

On it. Obviously, he'll listen to me because he clearly cares about what you and I think about it.

@GambleLikeMe Does the signing of Bruce indicate we are headed and focused on changing defensive schemes to a 3-4 style?

What? Haven’t heard a thing about that …

Website submission from Johnny in Gastonia, NC: Is Panthers going draft Ryan fenley they don't need let him get by this guy can play I know qb isaid they should have got russle Wilson they didn't look what he did cam to many high throws holds ball till he gets saked and qb not post run look peton and Tom they throw darts this guy will be anther Matt ryan

That's interesting.

@SwindleKong Can the @Panthers draft Zion Williamson to play DE?

Funny. But how cool is this graphic?