Harrison Smith Makes NFL’s Top 100 (Again), Comes in at 83

Viktor

Mar 19, 2019
qvp3augql0pcplzcm5zd

Adams later recalled a specific play in which he was stopped by Smith.

“He beat me on a, I think it was a fourth-and-1, he beat me across my face,” Adams said. “I knew he was going to go there, and he still beat me. I can’t say there are too many people who are just going to beat me when I know what they’re going to do, but when you execute like he does and you’re that efficient, then it makes it tough.”

Packers running back Jamaal Williams was asked about Smith, who poses a problem for Green Bay twice a year.

“He’s full go. All gas, no brakes,” said Williams.

“You’ve just got to watch him. He’s a sneaky one. He’s sneaky,” Williams later said. “Always playing around, trying to mix up things. He may look like he’s going to drop off, he’ll come back, blitz and get himself a sack.

Vikings receiver Stefon Diggs emphasized how much he enjoys watching Smith in action.

“It’s crazy to watch Harry,” Diggs said. “I love to watch him make picks. I talk to him all the time, ‘I need one this game, I need one this game.’

“Tackles for loss. He gets fumbles. He breaks up passes,” Diggs added.

Vikings defensive end Danielle Hunter said Smith “can do it all,” and receiver Adam Thielen pointed out what makes him such a dangerous defensive weapon.

“He can play zone coverage, he can be in the middle, he can be the middle-of-the-field safety, he can be the down safety,” Thielen said. “I think that’s what coaches love about him – especially in [Head Coach Mike] Zimmer’s defense. He can put him anywhere.”

The full grouping of 10 players unveiled during Tuesday’s episode of Top 100 were as follows, from 90-81: Patriots WR Julian Edelman, Patriots S Devin McCourty, Steelers DT Cameron Heyward, Panthers QB Cam Newton, Lions CB Darius Slay, Seahawks DE Frank Clark (was traded to the Chiefs this offseason), Browns WR Jarvis Landry, Smith, Broncos OLB Bradley Chubb and Redskins T Trent Williams.