Head-to-head, Aaron Rodgers and Matt Ryan have lit up Packers-Falcons games

Cheesehead

Mar 19, 2019
wmuukrschfkz2hq8drfh

Here are the cumulative numbers for both quarterbacks through the nine games.

Ryan: 204-297, 68.9%, 2,313 yards, 20 TDs, 7 INTs, 104.4 rating

Rodgers: 241-348, 69.3%, 2,818 yards, 23 TDs, 3 INTs, 112.0 rating

Their completion percentages are almost identical. So are their yards per completion (11.3 for Ryan, 11.7 for Rodgers). Their passer ratings are both in triple digits.

It doesn't get much better, or much more even, than that, especially with such a large sample size.

Fittingly, the biggest stages have brought out the best in someone. The two playoff meetings have featured the best game for each QB against the other.

In the 2010 NFC Divisional playoff, Rodgers was simply spectacular. He dodged sacks, threw darts and carved up the Falcons by going 31-for-36, 366 yards and three TDs. His 136.8 passer rating that unforgettable night is not only his best ever against the Falcons, it's his best in 18 career playoff starts.

"That was a fun night for sure," Rodgers said this week, when asked to reminisce a little bit. "Personally I got into a rhythm and felt great inside the pocket and outside the pocket, and I just felt like it was going to be really tough to sack me that night. Made the most of multiple opportunities where it looked like I was dead to rights.

"It was just kind of a steamroll."