Inbox: He's a portrait of professionalism

Cheesehead

Mar 19, 2019
sveom0nodtvkfkggbsvu

Craig from Brookfield, WI

Good day, II. You can easily divide the 17-game season into quarters. Just call the fourth quarter a "leap quarter" (five games). You work at Lambeau Field...and this didn't occur to you? C'mon, man!

Thanks for ruining all the fun, Craig. You must be fun at mathlete parties.

Elliot from Hopkins, MN

Outside of the Packers, who would be your must-watch QB (not named Mahomes), non-QB offensive player, and defensive player (not named Donald) for the upcoming year?

A lot of qualifiers there, Elliot. Must-watch QB would be Lamar Jackson. I don't care what anyone says he's still one of my favorite quarterbacks. My offensive skill-position player is Alvin Kamara and the defensive player not named Aaron Donald would have to be T.J. Watt.

Ron from Mitchell, SD

I realize this has been beaten to death but here goes. I cannot fathom why Aaron would want to leave for another team and start completely over from scratch (learn a new playbook, meet new teammates, etc.). After our recent re-signings and draft, I honestly feel we are just not that far away from winning our next Super Bowl. Oh, so close. Come on Aaron. Come back and finish the deal!

Aaron, if you're reading this somewhere in Hawaii…Ron from Mitchell, SD, wants you back…real bad.

Jake from Lake Mills, WI

Not a question, more so just airing a grievance. I listen to local sports radio every morning on my way to work. This morning, the topic of analysis was the T-shirt Aaron chose to wear to the airport for his Hawaiian vacation and what it means for his current situation with the Packers. This whole "will they or won't they" dance needs to end ASAP! Thank you for letting me vent.

Then, I have an easy solution for you, Jake – don't turn it on. There's airtime to be filled and mouths to be fed, so I don't fault anyone trying to make a living. But I honestly couldn't tell you the last time I turned the radio on in my car. It needs be an exclusive interview or something compelling to get my attention.

Bob from Rome, NY

Good morning gentlemen: A response to Ethan from La Crosse, WI, about the schedule going from 14 to 16 in games in 1978. I was 20 at the time and young with no family. I thought it was a great idea with the season starting two weeks earlier and not having to wait 'til mid-September. For financial reasons the league does not start on Labor Day weekend and now with 17 games will move the SB to mid-February. To me the league has lost the quaintness and uniqueness it used to have. Thoughts?

You really want to get me going again on the 17-game schedule, huh, Bob? Agree or disagree, this is the direction the league is moving. It is, as they say, what it is. I'm now in search of another hill to die on.

Kevin from Holmen, WI

Hello II. I noted our new rookie run-stuffing DL is wearing No. 93. Wow, big shoes to fill, but I'm smiling thinking of it. Your thoughts?

T.J. Slaton has a vastly different body type than Gilbert Brown did, but he's just as imposing in-person. He's the type of guy you want leading your team off the bus. At the same time, the game is played on the field. Slaton has work to do this summer and he knows it.

Craig from Chicago, IL

Will the new draft picks be able to start on defense this year?

What's a defensive starter anymore? You need six defensive backs, five defensive linemen, three edge rushers, two inside linebackers to get through a season, at minimum. That's 16 players. So, yeah, Eric Stokes, Shemar Jean-Charles, Slaton and Isaiah McDuffie will all have a chance to contribute straightaway if they prove they're ready for it.