Inbox: It's a credit to everyone involved

Cheesehead

Mar 19, 2019
oo8cgrcnr4m4gqli3g9b

Ralph from Mönchengladbach, Germany

After watching the SB, Tampa won the same way it won against us – Dominant and relentless line play on both sides of the ball. They went all in mentally and that's the only all in that really counts.

The Bucs were dialed in. They looked at home. Well, they were at home…so I guess that makes sense.

James from McKinney, TX

Worst. Super Bowl. Ever. #sorrynotsorry

Super Bowl XLVIII would like to have a word.

Ken from Cypress, CA

Watching KC struggle against TB makes me feel a lot better about our loss. At least, we were competitive and could score TDs. KC is getting thoroughly shut down. Glad this season is over.

I told Packer Report's Andy Herman before the game I was getting some Denver-Seattle vibes from this matchup. I didn't expect Tampa to play the role of the Seahawks, though.

Hugh from Sioux Falls, SD

OK, Wes. You had access to both locker rooms after the game. What questions do you ask in each one?

I'd ask Kansas City about the decision to abandon the run when it looked like Mahomes and the passing game was off early on. It seemed like those tackles could've used the help. As for Tampa, all you can really ask is how is Bowles not an NFL head coach right now? And Byron Leftwich, too, for that matter. Those two put on a clinic.

Joe from Rapid City, SD

Aaron Rodgers getting the MVP and married! WAY TO GO 12!

I had to dig pretty far into Inbox submissions to find a question related to Rodgers winning MVP. I think because it was pretty much a foregone conclusion Rodgers was going to win, but it's still an incredible accomplishment. We'll have more on his historic season this morning, but Rodgers was as good this year, at 37, as he's ever been – and that should excite Packers fans for what lies ahead in 2021 and beyond.

Bronwyn from Tampa, FL

MVP, we all knew that. The little engagement bomb came out of the blue! Any intel on that? He's so cagey!

I don't get tied up in all that stuff. I get why it matters to some people, but not me. As a private person when it comes to my own family (you'll never see my wife or son on my public social accounts), I respect Rodgers' decision to keep his engagement quiet. Rodgers seems really happy and I'm happy that he's happy. Everyone deserves to be happy.

Marjorie from Roseville, CA

Congrats to Aaron on a well-deserved honor. We love you! I also send my sincere congratulations to Matt LaFleur for an outstanding two years as an NFL coach. You have so deserved to be recognized at a league level the past two years. We know what we have and we rejoice as our honor as Packer and NFL fans. GO PACK GO!

It was good to see LaFleur get a little shine in the NFL Coach of the Year voting. I understand why Kevin Stefanski won but LaFleur was very deserving of the recognition. He's won 28 of the 36 NFL games he's coached. Not too shabby.

Mike from Lake Villa, IL

Good morning Wes. After watching the NFL Honors Saturday night, I think the NFL Comeback Player of the Year award should be renamed after Alex Smith. Do you think the NFL would consider making that change, if not right away, perhaps after he retires?

I think that would be well-deserved for everything Smith overcame to not only return to football, but also get his quality of life back. I still can't believe he returned to the football field. What an incredible testament to Smith's character, faith and resolve.