Inbox: It's never an exact science

Cheesehead

Mar 19, 2019
jv3onrqqxw8ssys4f0e0

Sal from Salt Lake City, UT

Since you're our eyes on the ground, who is the biggest threat to David Bakhtiari's "Best Hair" title: Benkert or Royce Newman?

Bakhtiari is in a league of his own. I think he's gonna hold that title down as long as he's in Green Bay. That being said, Benkert's mane is a sight to behold. When Benkert stepped on the field Friday, I immediately said to one of the other writers – that dude means business.

Scott from Muskego, WI

Within his II submission Saturday, Greg from Johnson City, TN, stated "Until Russell Wilson, Wisconsin hadn't had a single notable QB in the NFL, like ever." It appears he may have forgotten about another highly successful QB to come out of Wisconsin: Arnie Herber. He joined the Packers in 1930, six years before the first NFL Draft. He went on to become a four-time NFL champion. Oh, and he's also a member of the Pro Football Hall of Fame. So, I would say his career was "notable"... and then some.

Well, we were talking about Wisconsin aka UW-Madison – not just the state. Herber attended Regis University in Denver. I take nothing away from him, though. Herber has one of the greatest stories in Wisconsin sports history and a career Wisconsinites could only dream of in going from Green Bay West to the Packers and all the way to the Pro Football Hall of Fame. That's the blueprint.

Dean from Leavenworth, IN

Three guys with "Three Things" is back and maskless to boot! On the road back to normal, it's probably not that big a deal but it felt/looked good to me. How about you Wes?

It felt good to me, as well, especially after a year of Zoom calls and doing videos in the studio with masks. As Spoff said on "Unscripted," the three of us are all vaccinated and cleared for video takeoff. Here's to a more normal 2021.

Rachel from Green Bay, WI

Do you have any thoughts about Tampa Bay, as the Super Bowl champs, having one of the easiest schedules this year? Is this coincidence, or is the league cradling Tom Brady? Looks like the Packers have the fourth hardest, and the Buccaneers have the fourth easiest.

That's just how it goes. The only thing that's undetermined each year are which two intraconference teams and one interconference team every club will play. In this case, that's based solely on which NFC divisions the NFC South isn't already matched against that year. As the second-place team in the South, the Bucs were paired with Chicago, Dallas and the New York Jets.

Dan from Mahtomedi, MN

With 17 games, what are your top five most likely records to be broken?

Passing yards, receptions, receiving yards, rushing yards and sacks. Derrick Henry had 2,027 yards in 16 games last year. Can you imagine what he might've had with a 17th?

Dan from Portland, OR

Last weekend I attended my goddaughter's college graduation at the University of Idaho. To my surprise, the guest speaker for that day's commencement ceremony was none other the great Jerry Kramer. It was really cool to hear him talk of his time in college, as well as hearing a few good stories about Lombardi and the Packers of the 1960s. Definitely a cherry-on-top-the-sundae for what was a special day already.

What a wonderful memory. It's one thing to be a Hall of Fame player and lifelong ambassador for the Packers but Kramer's ability (and desire) to still hit the road at 85 years young is inspiring. They broke the mold with that man.

Steve from Land O Lakes, FL

Is there such a thing as a Larry McCarren highlight video and would it be VHS or Super8?

It would be either VHS or Betamax, cut from the edit bay at WFRV in Green Bay.