Inbox: It gives you a greater appreciation for his game

Cheesehead

Mar 19, 2019
q7poi88xcazceheafyeu

Ryan from Sheboygan Falls, WI

Do the Packers have the stamina to keep up with their awesome performance last week?

The Packers will have had 10 days between games to get ready for this one, so they better have the stamina for it. This likely will be the healthiest they'll be all season coming off the mini-bye. It's time to get back to work.

Kevin from Starr Pass, AZ

Wes, I don't want to jinx anything, but if I recall correctly ML has yet to have back-to-back losses. That's quite impressive for a new head coach.

Anybody can get lucky and win a game. Just ask the Green Bay media basketball team from 2014-16. But the true measure of a team, and its coach, is finding victory after defeat. And no team in the NFL has done a better job of dusting itself off after a loss than the Packers over the past two years.

Bret from Hertel, WI

Dear Wes, I thought this past game was a great team win in that all phases complemented each other. Do you see this game being the focus for the second half of the season?

The 49ers obviously were hurting on Thursday night but all the Packers could do was beat the opponent the NFL put in front of them. If there was any takeaway from the Packers' defense…it was the takeaways. They were sorely needed for a unit looking to get some swagger back. It also was a reminder of what Mike Pettine's defense is capable of. They need to bring that same energy this Sunday against a Jacksonville team with a young but promising back (James Robinson) and a rookie QB (Jake Luton) who played better than most expected against Houston.

Trent from Grovetown, GA

The Packers finished the first quarter of the season 4-0 and the second quarter 2-2. Another perfect quarter would be awesome, of course, but it starts with going 1-0 this week. What do the Packers need to do on Sunday to get the W and the 1-0 start to the third quarter of the season?

Stop the run…again. The Jaguars think a lot of Robinson – enough to part company with Leonard Fournette this past summer and give Robinson free rein over the backfield. He's dangerous. The Packers gotta be ready for what he's bringing to Lambeau on Sunday.

Matt from Marquette, MI

Who is a player on JAX that the Packers must game plan for?

D.J. Chark is a legit No. 1 receiver…and he's healthy again.

Jack from Fort Atkinson, WI

Good morning. I enjoy the Inbox. When David Bakhtiari lines up he usually has his left leg back and is in a two-point stance. When Billy Turner played some left tackle recently he would always line up in a three-point stance. Is this personal preference or are they coached to do this based on strengths/weaknesses?

That's a great question, Jack. I don't know if we'll be talking to Turner this week but I'll try to work that question into our next media availability with Adam Stenavich. It's a good observation.

Braden from Aurora, CO

Do you believe re-signing the O-line guys is top priority? After watching the Broncos' backup tackle get burned over and over on Sunday, I came away thinking this and how lucky we are to have amazing backups.

I can't say enough about how the Packers' offensive line has performed despite the injuries to Bakhtiari, Lane Taylor and now Rick Wagner. Turner, in particular, has stood out. While he can play practically anywhere, Turner has really excelled at the two tackle spots. To a layman like myself, it seems like it's allowed him to use two of his greatest strengths – athleticism and finesse – a little more. It gives you a greater appreciation for his game.