Inbox: It was a great year…and a great lesson

Cheesehead

Mar 19, 2019
yc0ysndpflioqllyempl

Maria from Hellertown, PA

To say I'm incensed that LeRoy Butler was denied his spot in Canton, yet again, would be a gross understatement. In an already painful week, did they really have to do that to LeRoy and Packers fans everywhere? Can you shed any light on why he didn't make the cut?

It just gets me angry thinking about it. I've grown tired of trying to argue common sense. If the Pro Football Hall of Fame voters wanted Steve Atwater over LeRoy Butler, whatever. But to not vote Butler in this year…ridiculous. The clock is ticking. The Hall of Fame has four more years to do right by LeRoy Butler. I traded text messages with LeRoy on Wednesday morning and wish I had his patience and resolve. He's just riding the waves, while I'm losing my cool on the beach.

Michael from Burnsville, MN

Any early free agency or draft targets that come to mind? Players or positions?

Bipin from Las Vegas, NV

One of TB coach's message to the team was, "Attack, attack and attack." I have heard some other coaches say, "Win one-on-one battles." What would be your motivational message (in few words) to GB Packers (or other football team) if you were in charge of developing one?

Wes, looking at Larry, "Rock, someday when the team's up against it and the breaks are beating the boys. Ask them to go in there with all they got and win just one for the Biff."

Adam from Glens Falls, NY

What are the chances we get to see Tramon on the sidelines as a DB coach? His career (if this was it) must have unearthed lesson after lesson, and he seems like such an intelligent communicator. I know I always listened with a smile. Too bad he didn't play in the championship game, but I believe he has much more to offer than an interesting footnote.

I'm not sure whether coaching is something Williams wants to do once his playing career is over, but he would be good at it. He's a strong communicator and has seen everything there is to see on a football field.

Mike from St. Louis Park, MN

With the big game being played in Tampa this year, do you see this as an advantage to the Bucs? Are their season ticket holders even eligible to purchase tickets and attend?

It's a definite advantage. I don't know how much it'll change the outcome, though.

Keith from Bend, OR

I see improvement from 2019 to 2020; room for growth from the past three draft years and some of the best chemistry I have ever seen since the '60s. Besides the Patriots, who has ever had this much continued success?

New England, Green Bay, New Orleans and Seattle are the first four teams that come to mind when you ask that question. Those last three all have one Super Bowl win apiece. There can only be one and it's difficult to be that one. Kansas City and Tampa Bay each had magnificent years. But in 10 days, one team is going to experience the sweetest victory of the season, while the other locker room endures the hardest professional loss of their lives.

Patrick from East Dubuque, IL

With no in-person visits for the upcoming draft, besides Zoom and tapes of prospects, what tools will be used to determine if you want a player?

Some of the hay is already in the barn. Scouts have been working the phones to ask about players and watching games. As I mentioned before, pro days are going to be critical to the pre-draft process, whether it's the on-field work, testing or measurements.