Inbox: That was a fun night

Cheesehead

Mar 19, 2019
tjezhjio7i8lodleagm8

Mike from Holton, MI

Will Ka’Dar Hollman make the team?

He’s on the right track. With Kevin King sitting out of the final team period on Wednesday, Hollman played outside cornerback with the No. 1 defense. He plays the position the way it should be played – fast, tough and physical.

Tim from West Bend, WI

Hey Insiders, I notice Josh Jackson has not practiced due to a foot injury. When did this occur and how long is he expected to be out. Does this hamper his development for Year 2?

The Packers placed Jackson on the non-football injury list at the start of training camp, so the foot injury happened sometime during the summer break. LaFleur says it’s not a long-term injury, but this obviously is a crucial time for second-year players.

Mark from Rock Vale Terrace, IL

Howdy II! Loved yesterday's “Three Things,” but please let Larry know that while Kuhn's Fun Facts is a great new feature and second all-time in postseason TDs is a tremendous accomplishment since we are 101 years old, who is No. 1?

Antonio Freeman (12).

Jeff from Vandenberg AFB, CA

With the Hall of Fame inducting 10 Senior Era players in 2020, surely Sterling Sharpe has to be one of the 10, right?

Next year will be 25 years since Sharpe retired, so he’ll be eligible for consideration by the senior committee. If anything, the bulk induction will reduce the bottleneck of senior candidates.

Jon from West Des Moines, IA

What happened on Family Night Bakhtiari's rookie year?

Bryan Bulaga tore his anterior cruciate ligament. That weekend was crazy. I was trying to watch “The Newsroom” on the Sunday night when news broke of both Bulaga’s injury and Vince Young flying in to sign with the team.

Bob from Port Saint Lucie, FL

Wes, nice article on Cole Madison. You can't help but hope this guy makes it after the trials of the past year. If he does, will his rookie contract be extended for the year he missed?

The most impressive thing about Madison’s story is the maturity he’s displayed for a 24-year-old. He did the right thing taking a year off to focus on his mental health and has been 100-percent committed to this team since returning in April. Talking to him this past week, you can tell how much football means to him. His contract tolled for the year he missed, so he’s signed through 2022 now.

Amy from Bayport, MN

Marquez Valdes-Scantling worked with Randy Moss in the offseason to help take his game to the next level. If you had the opportunity, who would you want to collaborate with to hone your craft? What would you choose for a project?

You mean besides Spoff, right? If that’s the case, Kevin Clark. Kevin and the folks at the Ringer do great work. I’ve said this before but he’s the total package when it comes to out-of-the-box story ideas and writing abilities.

Keith from Normal, IL

Good morning, Weston. Very nice The Verve reference. I can't stop laughing. Thanks for the wit you share bud!

I couldn’t let that opportunity slide.

Adam from Rapid City, SC

Understanding that it is entirely the coaches and GM Gute’s say who makes the 53 and 46 on game day, how much input, if any, do you guys think Aaron Rodgers gets in the WRs and RBs that make that roster? My thought is that the coaches really value as much input as he is willing to give. On a side note, you guys do an amazing service to the faithful Green Bay fan base!

The game-day roster is entirely up to the coaches. Rodgers could express to LaFleur a skill-position player who is impressing him, but there are more variables than just position to be considered. You have to take into account special teams, as well.

Dean from Leavenworth, IN

AR or another prominent Packer makes a locker-room comment about (fill in the blank) and it makes headline material on an untold number of Packer centric websites, national websites, national and local TV shows and radio broadcasts. It makes me wonder how many reporters work the Packer beat, locker room interviews and daily press briefings. Also, will that number double when the Texans come to town next week? The locker room could get awfully crowded.

On Wednesdays during the regular season, I’d say there are anywhere between 40 and 50 media members in the locker room. I guesstimate there will be an extra 15-20 media members covering the Texans next week.

Evan from Middleton, WI

I am curious, for articles like the "Packers ready to welcome Houston Texans and fans for joint practices," who writes the content for those?

Katie “The Appleton Phenom” Hermsen from communications/public affairs. They are press releases.

Haylee from Little Suamico, WI

Who is your favorite coworker and why? #ThisIsAPackersPerksTest

Tessa Ruid.

Ted from Milwaukee, WI

On the Spoffkiewicz Reality Tour, does it include a lunch break? And when I say lunch break, I mean a free shot at Wes’s lunch. You know, to take in the whole experience.

Of course, it would – complete with a slice of King Edward VIII’s wedding cake.

Taylor from Hull, IA

As my family and I wait for the fireworks and laser show at Family Night, all I can think about is whether lasers will come out of the goal posts. Thank you Insider Inbox!

That was a fun night, but seeing a post like this in the wee hours of Saturday morning makes it all worth it. I think my work is done here.

HAVE A QUESTION?