Inbox: That was just the beginning

Cheesehead

Mar 19, 2019
idozwwuvc9amlqxf6nx3

Bill from Bloomfield Hills, MI

The other side of the 'FA Frenzy' is we have a lot of ex-Packers out there to watch on other rosters (used to take one hand to count them). Is there anyone of those we have lost so far that you think might have a better fit and opportunity where they landed?

I’m rooting for Jake Ryan to get back on track after his second ACL tear. There was going to be a ceiling on Ryan’s playing time even if he stayed healthy last season, with how often the Packers use a safety in the box next to Blake Martinez. I think a fresh start will benefit Ryan.

Dave from New Franken, WI

Toughest Packer player you've seen play, and why?

Favre. Nuff said.

Matt from Wauconda, IL

How do you choose who you do a Prospect Primer on?

We ask four questions. Did we get video of them speaking at the combine? Did they say anything interesting? Are they a relevant prospect? Do we have college B-roll?

Tom from Douglassville, PA

There is a lot of talk of the Packers playing the Bears to kick off the season. Would you rather play the Thursday to open the season, or Thanksgiving Day?

I’ve always liked being a part of the NFL opener. You can’t beat that atmosphere. Conversely, I hate covering Thanksgiving Day games, especially on the road. I’d rather be home with my family. So that’s easy for me.

Dan from Catonsville, MD

What is your favorite item purchased at the Packers Pro Shop? Mine is the 40th anniversary Ice Bowl hooded sweatshirt that still looks great today!

The Packers Dooney & Bourke purse I picked up for my mom after my first season working here. She lit up when I gave it to her for Christmas.

Jim from Naperville, IL

Do you have a “save the date” for Bo Callahan’s birthday party?

I received an invite, but I think I’m busy that evening. I have to return some video tapes.

Keith from Normal, IL

Good morning, I was watching “Ricky Williams: A Football Life” and was curious as to who Washington drafted with all those picks it received in the trade to the Saints?

Washington paired the first- and third-round picks from the Saints, with its fourth- and fifth-round picks, and traded them all to Chicago to move up from No. 12 to seventh. The team used that pick to draft Champ Bailey. I also believe Washington used New Orleans’ first-round pick in 2000 to take LaVar Arrington.

Mat from Christchurch, New Zealand

Hi II, I've been a Packers fan since I was a kid and received a Dorsey Levens jersey for my birthday (nobody knew anything about NFL around here then, but I loved the jersey so I made it my duty to find out more). The most recent Packers Super Bowl victory was soured for me somewhat, when a couple of weeks later we were hit by an earthquake that ruined our city. Now our city is facing tragedy again, I just wanted to say I really appreciate II for providing me with refuge at times like this.

I’m glad this small space provides some respite during this difficult time for you and Christchurch. I think I speak for the entire Inbox when I say our thoughts are with you guys.

George from Hutchinson, MN

When you and Mike are eating at a restaurant, does he ever ask, "Are you gonna finish that"? Do you hesitate to be excused to go to the restroom?

Let’s just say I always make sure to use the restroom before food is brought to the table. Speaking of which, I have to give a shout out to Keith from Andover, MN, and his daughter, Teagan from Andover, MN, for the shipment of Girl Scout Cookies that arrived at Lambeau Field for us late last week. The digital department appreciated the kind gesture. I’m a huge big fan of the ‘Thanks-A-Lot” series, and judging by the pile of Peanut Butter Sandwich, Girl Scout Smores and Shortbread boxes on Spoff’s desk, I’d say those are his favorites. Happy Hump Day, folks.