Inbox: The Packers gotta bring the fight to them

Cheesehead

Mar 19, 2019
vud9kkkyvigoqeintt2f

Bryce from Westcliffe, CO

When I saw Nick Foles sign with Chicago, I was not a happy camper. Did anybody else in Insider Inbox see the potential problems he could cause for the NFC North?

I don't know about the NFC North but the Colts seemed to be cool with him playing.

Dan from Morehead City, NC

First of all, I wish to thank the Packers and the NFL for moving the start time back. A friend of mine was going to be shorthanded at his restaurant on Monday so I volunteered to help him out, knowing I would miss the start of the game. With the start moved back to 8:50 p.m. ET I will be able to watch the whole game. Could you have the team roster on your site put an asterisk by the PS players for each time they are on a game-day roster so I can tell who would be eligible to be brought up?

I don't think that's going to happen but I can tell you Billy Winn, Willington Previlon and Tipa Galeai are eligible to be elevated one more time.

Jesse from Bonita Springs, FL

The change of game time is a definite advantage for the Packers. The Atlanta players will be stuck in their hotel for a good part of the day and just about their bedtime (Eastern Time) is opening kickoff. The sun will be coming when their plane lands on Tuesday. Ouch.

BEEN THERE…and then some.

Margeaux from Tallahassee, FL

Loved the Final Thoughts in the stands at Lambeau, will it be a regular thing?

Before every Packers home game, rain or shine.

Dennis from Beavercreek, OH

On Saturday, Terry from Springfield, MO, asked when will domes have natural grass? Two indoor fields have natural grass, Phoenix and Las Vegas. The fields are moved outside when not in use.

Boy, Terry really set the Inbox ablaze with this one…

David from Riverside, CA

Terry from Springfield, MO, asked when we will see dome stadiums without artificial turf. I was surprised you didn't include this fact in your answer to his question: We already have one in Arizona.

The Cardinals have a great setup in Scottsdale. I've seen it firsthand but you need the available acreage next to a dome for a retractable field to be possible. Some domes – like U.S. Bank, Lucas Oil, the Superdome and Ford Field – don't have that, but I would like to see ones that do give it a shot.

Dwight from Brooklyn, NY

You'd be surprised at how many Packers fans are in my neighborhood. Outside of the Giants and Jets fans, we're the largest group at my local sports bar pre-pandemic. And speaking of the pandemic, with some teams testing positive (most notably Cam Newton) I've seen talk of a 12-game schedule. Be still my beating heart, but what's your take on that, especially if the Packers go into the bye at 4-0?

I don't see the NFL backing away from a 16-game regular season. For one, the league already has shown it's willing to move around bye weeks and alter game times. The NFL also started its season on time without delay. For that reason, I would think it has more flexibility than MLB, the NBA or the NHL did.

PJ from Edmonton, Alberta

With the current COVID positive tests around the league impacting several teams, shouldn't there be some thought about avoiding the postgame handshakes? I understand sportsmanship but the health of players and the ability to play out the season should be the top priority for the league. Maybe each team stands on their respective sidelines, applauds and raises their helmets to their opponents? I don't know what the solution is, but it seems to me that the current situation should change.

I agree. If you wanna congratulate the opponents that badly, send them a letter. I want nothing more than to see Justin McCray on Monday night, but instead will be sending him a nice hello on IG from the press box. That's life right now.