Inbox: The real games, and only the real games, will tell the story

Cheesehead

Mar 19, 2019
inhcqjbg5obyqjdj2puh

Neil from Tunbridge Wells, England

When the team plays in London, do both you guys get to come over to cover the game or have you got to do some creativity with holidays to both make it over?

I certainly hope we'd be on the trip to cover everything for the website. I can only imagine what our traffic numbers would be when this finally happens.

Jim from Tucson, AZ

You have to love coaches who start with the basics. Maurice Drayton on Amari Rodgers: "No. 1, he catches the ball." Is it time (please, please, please) to start feeling a little better about special teams?

We won't really know until September. Am I optimistic? Yes. But the real games, and only the real games, will tell the story. Everything else is just part of the process.

William from Speedwell, TN

I am a big sports card collector and I know Spoff has talked about having baseball cards from the '80s. The Packers have an avid card collector now in AJ Dillon. Strangely, he is the only player I can think of that I've heard about actively collecting cards while he is/was playing professionally. Do you know of other Packers, or just any other athletes for that matter, who are/were collectors?

He's the first for me, too. I'm not saying there haven't been others in my time here, but if so I wasn't made aware of it.

John from Weatherford, TX

After a year with no ability to travel I just made reservations for my wife and me to attend training camp. And I just read Mark Murphy's latest which indicated the Packers intend to allow fans at training camp, assuming continued progress with COVID-19. Is there any news about another longstanding tradition...the Packers 5K race which normally happens during training camp? Has there been any announcement about the 5K? Keep up the good work II!

Nothing yet but once there's news we'll have it on the website and social accounts.

Rusty from Eustace, TX

Just curious, what game on this year's schedule are you looking forward to the most and why?

For me, it's always about QB matchups, and if all is normal with Rodgers, I'm most looking forward to seeing the first Rodgers-Roethlisberger meeting since Super Bowl XLV, and the first Rodgers-Mahomes one ever.

Doug from Lilly, PA

What are the salary cap ramifications for a team if a player who has a workout bonus in his contract misses the offseason activities and forfeits the bonus?

The money is credited back to the cap the following year.