Inbox: The response storyline cuts both ways this week

Cheesehead

Mar 19, 2019
xel9ty9djbqflkavo3ub

Eric from Stramproy, Netherlands

Hey Mike, for a guy who wouldn't want to be doing anything sales-related, Wes sure knows how to sell a story. Don't you think?

Don't give him any ideas or we'll lose him to more lucrative endeavors.

Ben from Pensacola, FL

Marcedes Lewis' interview Wednesday – wow. His professionalism and wisdom about the moment is impressive. He's a very impressive guy.

He has a presence both physically and orally that's rare. I don't think it's an accident that some of the Packers' tightest locker rooms have been when, separately, he and Julius Peppers have been here.

Melissa from Woodbury, MN

With all that is going on with COVID, how have you adjusted your regular-season coverage compared to prior years? Any big challenges you wouldn't otherwise face?

We're still producing the same amount of written content. The biggest challenge in that regard is having access to only a handful of player interviews per week, as opposed to an open locker room for 45 minutes three straight days. But we're managing. We're only doing two episodes of "Unscripted" per week instead of five due to the changed work demands of others involved in production. Same goes for our live Facebook/Twitter game preview segments, which we've had to abandon for the time being.

Jeremiah from Madison, WI

Wow, the Vikings traded Yannick Ngakoue after just six games. Is this them giving up on the season?

It's hard to see their struggling defense (28th in yards, 31st in points) getting better without the guy who has five of their 13 sacks and with Danielle Hunter now out for the season. They clearly wanted to get something for Ngakoue and save a bunch of money ($7.8 million or so in prorated salary) in the process. The front office appears to be looking toward the future. I guess we'll see how the coaches and players react.

Dan from Cromwell, CT

I have to correct Wes on his answer from yesterday. A Packers player has faced a father and then later son, Aaron Rodgers just dealt with Antoine Winfield Sr. and Antoine Winfield Jr. this past Sunday.

Several readers pointed this out. He stands corrected.

Josh from Salt Springs, New Brunswick

Hey Mike, on your mid-week chat you mentioned some notable games, however if you are tuning in for Steelers-Ravens, you may have to wait a bit, as the undefeated Steelers play the undefeated Titans this Sunday. Cheers.

Clearly. Live-action fumble on my part. I also stand corrected.

Tom from Two Rivers, WI

The way I see it, the Packers punched themselves in the face and couldn't get up off the mat. At the start of the second quarter, they were clearly in control of the game and the Bucs were teetering on the edge of a blowout loss. That's how razor thin the margin for error is in the NFL. What's your most recent previous memory of a Packer game that sort of played out the same way, win or lose?

Week 2 vs. Detroit. The Lions led 14-3 after one quarter and looked unstoppable. The Packers started to turn the tide in the second quarter and then landed the haymakers with the 75-yard TD run and pick-six early in the third quarter. Not exactly the same, but it happens in the NFL all the time.

Jason from New Hampton, IA

What has you excited about the matchup between the Packers and Texans this weekend?

That a large majority of Inbox submissions beginning around 3 p.m. on Sunday will no longer remain focused on the Bucs game.