Inbox: The summit is within reach

Cheesehead

Mar 19, 2019
vspqole1vjfrklryl5rx

Bryan from Springfield, OH

Just beat the Buccaneers! I still feel responsible for 2014. I was checking my phone for Super Bowl tickets in the 4th quarter. I'm not making that mistake again. Go Pack Go!

LeRoy Butler made the same mistake.

Jim from McLean, VA

Good morning, Wes! With the recent signing of Tramon, I was wondering if there's any chance the Packers can get John back out on the field Sunday? I can hear the 9,000-plus at Lambeau mooing out his name as he flattens those LBs for our three backs.

I like it.

Sawyer from Greenville, SC

Fred from La Crosse was quoting Grand Master Oogway from "Kung Fu Panda."

I can promise you Spoff has not seen "Kung Fu Panda." He seems like more of a "Karate Kid" guy.

Steve from New Berlin, WI

Good morning gentlemen, with the assumption that II readers ferret out and digest all things Packers, why is it that so many of us are not adopting Aaron Rodgers' recent statement of his being to live in the moment and understand that the future is a beautiful mystery? I will suppress all anxiety about the upcoming game and let tomorrow take care of itself.

I wouldn't be too hard on yourself, Steve. Because there's a lot you don't know. There's a lot I don't know. We haven't experienced what Rodgers and this team have experienced. We haven't sat in those meetings. We, quite literally, haven't been in that locker room. We don't know the game plan. But this team is confident…and Rodgers is in a good place, mentally. Whether you're in the stands or watching, we have the best seats in the house to watch greatness reveal itself on Sunday.

Alan from Mount Auburn, IL

Decades ago, I lived in Milwaukee. My family went to Milwaukee County Stadium to watch the Packers and, of course, the Milwaukee Braves. In 1957, the Braves, led by Henry Aaron, won the World Series. Hearing of Hammerin' Hank's passing brought back the memories of watching him play. A great player and a better man.

Speaking of greatness…the word "legend" doesn't even begin to describe Hank Aaron. He was such an important and iconic figure not only to baseball, but also our country. There are so many stories I recall my grandfather telling me about Hammerin' Hank, but what I appreciate most is how Aaron stayed true to his professional roots in Milwaukee, embracing his return with the fledgling Brewers in 1975. What a sad 12 months this has been for Wisconsin sports.

Roger from Lakewood Ranch, FL

Good morning! Atta boy Spoff and Wes! Or is it Hod and Mike. Both pairs deserve Atta boys. From doinks to laser beams to observers, not barnacles, we learn something new every day. Keep up the good work, it brightens up my day. Go Pack Go!

It's been a fun season. Here's to two more weeks of trying to find answers to the questions that won't go away.

Derek from Eau Claire, WI

The time has arrived,

Lambeau Field's highest honor,

There's no place like home.

There certainly isn't. I can't wait to hear that Lambeau crowd again, either. That was an electric atmosphere last Saturday. OK, it's that time. Dean, take it away.

Dean from Leavenworth, IN

The prize clearly in sight

The mountain top two victories away

A rematch with a southern Bay

A foe who months ago soundly defeated our Men of the Emerald Bay on their home turf

Led by a Goat they now come to battle on the Frozen Tundra

They will try to repeat their dominance on our Hallowed Ground

The time is at hand to rise up Men of the Bay

Stay the course the summit is within reach

*The Packers have been climbing that mountain for the last six months. It's everything they've worked for and now it's right there for the taking. Enjoy the game, everyone. *

HAVE A QUESTION?