Inbox: There's no putting a price on that

Cheesehead

Mar 19, 2019
mbqlwj3ii7h26lpsxcch

Dave from Middletown, CT

It was refreshing to see the Packers rush effectively against the Niners, especially early in the game. How much of that was because it was Aaron Jones with the ball and how much because of improved OL play or a beat-up defense?

The Niners are missing their key pass rushers up front, but Warner and Greenlaw are darn good linebackers, and I thought Jones made some really slick moves. He can cut without slowing down even a smidge.

Dylan from Cary, NC

Would Vince or Curly's new masks better fit Wes's or Mike's head?

It sounds like you're implying something that isn't flattering.

Marin from West Lawn, PA

With the NFL's COVID restrictions in place, how many Packers coaches, players and other team personnel are permitted in the traveling party as opposed to before the pandemic?

I'm not sure of the exact number, but the travel party restrictions are across the board for every team. In normal situations, teams can make their own decisions and it can vary from game to game depending on location, etc.

Doug from Mountain, WI

All the pressure was on the Packers against a depleted 49ers team. To their credit, they did what they needed to do. I have a better feeling about this team again. This 10-day rest, with our next game against Jacksonville, should do worlds of good.

This break must be put to good use, because there are no more the rest of the way, unless the Packers can get the No. 1 seed.

Dustin from Denver, CO

What's stronger: Adrian Amos' grip, or James' jersey on that first-quarter catch?

I still don't know how Amos hung on.

Tom from Woodbury, MN

Complaining right after a well-deserved win does not feel right. Waiting a few days to comment on the big plays given up by the defense is appropriate.

I don't get too worked up about the stuff after the game is 34-3, no matter who's in there. The players are human. But earlier there were some huge holes downfield in zone coverage, and that receiver screen looked way too easy. There were plenty of moving parts on defense with the injuries, so I don't want to ignore that, but there were moments assignment-soundness appeared lacking.

Jake from Round Rock, TX

I forgot to submit this before the 49ers game but I have an interesting stat. The Packers have lost seven straight games on the same weekend as daylight savings.

So next fall they just need to convince the other team not to turn their clocks back that morning and it'll be good.

Mario from Kettleman City, CA

Three, two, one. One, two, three. It's the poetry in Insider Inbox that is bothering me.

Join the club.

Sean from Cortland, NY

I so very much appreciate Tyler Ervin and what he means to this football team. He took on a role (Thursday night) he hasn't been asked to do in Green Bay and was wonderful. For return reasons alone I'd love for the Packers to somehow find a way to keep him beyond this season. Do you think that is possible/probable?

I have no idea how that'll shake out, but he's a great example of the right opportunity finding a guy. He hasn't spoken to the media since training camp, but anytime we've heard from him, last year or this year, he's genuinely thrilled to be in Green Bay and a part of this team.

Chuck from Menomonie, WI

I realize that Mike asked about it and that both Coach LaFleur and Aaron Rogers addressed the subject...but holy cow...is it normal for a team to have such versatility on the offensive line? The ability of these men to perform at a high level in the NFL at multiple positions is amazing to me. This isn't normal, is it? I'd truly appreciate your thoughts.

Having one or two versatile guys up front isn't that unusual, but this particular group has three starters who can play three positions (Lucas Patrick), four (Billy Turner) or five (Elgton Jenkins) at any given time. The amount of in-game and week-to-week shuffling while maintaining a high standard of play is the most impressive I've seen.