Inbox: There's plenty to like about all those guys

Cheesehead

Mar 19, 2019
qxtpqjajiu8bozzdvmkn

Ohm from Richmond, VA

After doing some research about the prospects in the upcoming draft, LSU's Justin Jefferson and Patrick Queen stand out from other potential options at pick No. 30. Who would benefit the Pack the most, a shifty slot receiver or an athletic linebacker?

Having the choice of those two at 30 would be a wonderful problem to have. Given that choice and the receiver depth in the draft, I'd probably take Queen.

Ken from Boynton Beach, FL

Hey guys, so if we drafted Denzel Mims and when Rodgers called a play in the huddle designed for him, would Aaron just say "Mims the word"?

Please see yourself out.

TK from Grafton, WI

When was the last time GB picked a player you really wanted them to take that ended up disappointing? How about the last guy they took that you hadn't heard of that turned out well?

If we're talking high draft picks, I remember thinking the trade up for Jerel Worthy in 2012 was a good move, and I had pretty much no idea who Jordy Nelson was in 2008.

Al from Green Bay, WI

GM Spoff, you are on the clock with pick No. 30. The best available player on your board is a QB. What's your call? Pick the QB or seek a fair trade?

I'm seeking an unfair trade in my favor.

Robert from Verona, WI

I read an article claiming the Packers have gotten worse this offseason. It listed the players we've lost, including, Bulaga, Graham, Martinez, Goodson, Allison, Vitale, and Fackrell. Bulaga is clearly a big loss, and arguments can be made about Martinez as well. The rest of these players (while we liked them as fans and will miss them) seem like guys that Gute can adequately replace and maybe even improve on through the draft and/or improvements by players already on the roster. Thoughts?

The easiest prediction in the world of predictions this year would have been to say that between the start of free agency and prior to the draft, the Packers would get "worse." But the offseason isn't over yet. Far from it.

Scott from Las Vegas, NV

Guys, most of what I've read seems to indicate the biggest needs for the Packers are OT, ILB, IDL, WR, and TE. Although they already picked up Rick Wagner in free agency, would you think an OT would be the most important need to protect Rogers at this stage in his career?

Wagner is 30 years old. The Packers need to plan for the future at right tackle.

Sue from Tomah, WI

For either of you: Have you discovered something surprising/interesting about yourself during this stay-at-home venture?

Yeah, I don't look at the clock as much, and have very little sense of what time it is, when I have nowhere to go.

Tony from Chanhassen, MN

In a year when teams will have less time to get rookies acclimated, what positions are typically easier to pick up as a rookie or would be easiest to get comfortable using distance learning?

Interesting question. I think by and large it's more about the players than the positions. Some guys can learn really well on a tablet. Others need the reps on the field more. All of them have to adjust to the speed of the game, which is the hardest part and requires the on-field work.

Mark from Birmingham, AL

"Fans always want to trade back – until their team misses on a player. Then, it's outrageous, egregious, preposterous." So, we can blame all trade-back decisions that don't work out on Jackie Chiles?

To deleterious effect.

Donna from Darien, WI

Thanks for the Three Things video posted on Wednesday! And thank you for helping us keep our sanity during this crazy time in the world. Be safe everyone!

At one point before we started recording, we had almost the entire department on that call. It was good to see everyone again.