Inbox: There will be more than enough reps to go around

Cheesehead

Mar 19, 2019
hoehu7l196rwstycuv2o

Eric from Green Bay, WI

In response to Sandra from Menominee Falls: It's concerning to me that people don't know the differences between reporting, reacting, and commenting. I think this leads into Spoff's notion of not clicking on the reactor's links.

I stood on a soapbox about this for probably a month last summer, but this is why I get so upset at what I call click-bait, Facebook-aggregated garbage articles such as "Five Packers who should be cut this summer…and five who shouldn't" or people writing stories off what other commentators are saying. In my experience, the average fan (y'all definitely aren't the average fan, by the way) isn't mature enough to handle and process that content. It creates a bad game of "Telephone," where what started as "So-and-so thinks the Packers should trade Rodgers" to "the Packers want to trade Rodgers" in your local pub. People can consume whatever content they want to consume, but it's still my right to call it nonsense.

Scott from Lincoln City, OR

Hey Wes, Mike concedes that you are the more meticulous one but as long as his brain is capable of coming up with, and correctly spelling, words like minutiae, he's doing just fine. Wishing you both a great Father's Day!

That comes from my newspaper days. I still like charting all the plays in team periods and keep the yardage. It's nice to look back on those (extremely unofficial) stats when writing my practice recaps in training camp.

Nic from London, UK

Did you guys get new headshots? Maybe I just haven't noticed but something looked different to me so I scrolled back to the byline and I could swear that a crisp new Wes staring back at me.

Yes, we did. Now, I'm all grow'ed up.

Derek from Eau Claire, WI

You only get one condiment to use for the rest of your life. Which one are you picking? I would go Frank's Hot Sauce.

Soy sauce.

James from Ottawa, Ontario

II, with Wes's allocation of QB points, the breakdown was: 83 accuracy, 82 awareness, 80 arm strength and 50 speed. From that, I deduce 1) Wes didn't love spamming the Vick-led Falcons like the rest of us with that 50-speed score, and 2) The Inbox and math just don't add up.

I was hoping someone would catch that.

Dennis from Parrish, FL

I think the ONLY thing that really matters this week is, does Shaboom's still have a disco night?

The first rule of Shaboom's is you do not talk about Disco Night. The second rule of Shaboom's is you DO NOT TALK about Disco Night!

Dean from Leavenworth, IN

From the Dalai Lama: "If someone hurts you and asks for forgiveness, forgive them. To not do so is like drinking poison and hoping they die."

Is this about the lunches, Dean? How many times do I need to repeat myself? I forgive you, Spoff. I forgive you.

Vinny from Arlington, VA

In honor of Father's Day weekend, I wanted to give a shout-out to the Hodfather or is it Hodzilla? Seems like the II catalog could use some Hodfather and Hodzilla merch. You can look to AJ Dillon as an example for marketing, branding, and promotional expertise.

It wouldn't sell nearly as well. Trust me. OK, I'm punching out. I wish you all a meaningful Juneteenth and the happiest of Father's Days to the dads out there on Sunday.

HAVE A QUESTION?