Inbox: They're rolling the dice big-time

Cheesehead

Mar 19, 2019
j058xtksytymehuqtrix

College football and college basketball. Hey, do you know Jim and Melissa?

Luc from St. Thomas, Canada

In the practice photos, I noticed all the players had the face shields on their masks. Is this part of the intensive protocol the Packers are in until the end of the week? Or have they now mandated all their players to utilize this going forward?

It's part of the intensive protocol. Once the Packers are out of the intensive protocol, they remain optional.

Eric from Arlington, MN

I never hear much about Adrian Amos. I can't help but be impressed with the job he does every week on defense. He is Mr. Consistent and a total team player. Can you think of a more valuable person on defense halfway through the season? I think he has big games ahead of him, for some individual notoriety.

Amos is the steady hand for the back end that every defense needs, and the Packers needed one after a lot of upheaval at safety in the years prior to his arrival. We'll see if he's due for some big plays. But due respect to Amos, at this point I'd have to give the defensive MVP to either Za'Darius Smith or Jaire Alexander.

Nick from Hopkins, MN

When credit is given to the proficient offense of a team whose HC is also its playcaller, the OC usually gets a lot of praise, too (e.g. Eric Bieniemy). However, when the Packers are discussed, I rarely hear Hackett mentioned. How come?

Because you didn't check out the rest of Thursday's content?

Tony from Cary, NC

If you were told the Packers would be 12-4 at the end of the season, would you take it?

In a heartbeat. At this point, the only way they wouldn't be NFC North champs with that mark is if both remaining losses are to the Bears, with Chicago running the table.

James from Chicago, IL

I don't have a question, but I just wanted to send my appreciation for how the Packers organization has dealt with their COVID response. I approve of not allowing fans in the stands or allowing tailgating, and I appreciate the Packers showing leadership. I know how important the gameday experience is to Green Bay, and I respect the difficult decision the organization has made to keep fans safe.

Personally I think it's the only responsible thing to do. If individual responsibility could be trusted more, our area and the country as a whole wouldn't be in such rough shape.

Johnny from Tillson, NY

As a huge fan of trivia, I appreciated the inclusion (and format) of the little quiz we got in the Wednesday Inbox. I'd be fully in support of that becoming a regular feature. A question: Could you comment on the Notre Dame field-storming tradition continuing in a global pandemic?

I believe I just did. As for the trivia question, if you're not aware, there's a weekly trivia challenge on our website. You can find it on this page as one of our fan promotions. I change the question every Tuesday. There's also a weekly 10-question trivia contest in the Packers app if you want to sign up.

Laura from Arlington, VA

I am predicting Aaron Jones will have a banner day against the Jaguars. What do you think his chances are?

Didn't I already do that?

Matt from Chesterfield, MI

Every time I hear poetry in II, my inner Blutarsky wants to smash a guitar.

We can try to pre-empt Wes and the Saturday column, but I don't know if it'll work. How many poems would I like published in the II? In the spirit of Bluto, zero…point…zero. Happy Friday.

HAVE A QUESTION?