Inbox: This felt like it was supposed to be it

Cheesehead

Mar 19, 2019
ejzqefzof7vsoonbpmji

Matt from Green Bay, WI

As Monty Python says, "Always look on the bright side of life." Every team that has beaten the Packers in the NFC Championship Game has gone on to lose the Super Bowl (except 1995).

I know anything can happen, but I don't see the Chiefs losing.

Susan from Santa Cruz, CA

Not what I expected. Watching Aaron's press conference highlighted the difference between being a fan and being a professional. Although I'm crushed, my life tomorrow will be more or less the same as today. On the other hand, several guys on the team are in limbo. We want them all to stay, but that isn't realistic. I thought this was our time.

So did I. For the last six years, ever since Seattle, I've had faith Rodgers and this team would get back to a Super Bowl. I've really believed that. I'll be honest, it's hard for me to have that faith today. I hope I can find it again. This felt like it was supposed to be it.

Sammo from Tulsa, OK

With Aaron Rodgers postgame interview, he said he was uncertain that he might be back. And everything he has accomplished the past two years and being a game away from the Super Bowl, do you think he might look for a new team or just talk after a crushing loss?

LaFleur was unequivocal in wanting him back. That's what I'm going with right now. I can't fathom turning over the keys to a draft pick who wasn't even the No. 2 as a rookie, got no preseason action, and never suited up on game day.

Michael from Morrison, IL

Maybe there is some recency bias here, but this one really hurts. Even with the miscues, they fought back and came oh-so-close to completing a monumental comeback. But what hurts the most is seeing a roster full of players that were so likeable come agonizingly short of this sport's pinnacle. It's for them that I feel the worst.

How can you not? I've been around this long enough to never underestimate the physical sacrifices it takes to succeed at this game. It's what makes the game so great and so heartbreaking.

Derek from Hermantown, MN

The more and more I watch the highlights the more and more this game reminds me of the 2014 NFC Championship against Seattle. So many little opportunities missed that could have changed the game. But the one that is not being talked about is the dropped "can of corn" INT by Will Redmond two plays before the TD before halftime. That keeps the score at 14-10 killing the Tampa momentum. We talk a lot about a game of inches. I say more a game of little opportunities, missed or capitalizing on.

You're absolutely right about the Redmond play. That would have made everything feel very different at halftime and, presumably, the start of the third quarter as well when the mistakes started to compound.

Jake from Franklin, WI

On a more positive note, Jaire Alexander absolutely looks like the real deal. Do you think he can be one of the best corners in franchise history?