Inbox: This is a time for growth

Cheesehead

Mar 19, 2019
wwvd8tmowvrzcifuqwho

Derek from Eau Claire, WI

You get to distribute 300 points (Madden Style) to a QB across these four categories: Arm strength, accuracy, speed, awareness. How do you divvy them up?

Hmm…I'd say 83 accuracy, 82 awareness, 80 arm strength and 50 speed. Arm strength is fun, but it's only as good as a QB's accuracy and awareness.

Chambo from Star, ID

Why doesn't Three Things give up some more goods? I appreciate your takes but how about three to four minutes?

That's what "Unscripted" is for!

TK from Grafton, WI

Are veteran players ever reluctant to mentor younger ones knowing that they may be mentoring themselves right out of a job?

I don't know about other places but that hasn't been a thing during my time covering the Packers. I think that's because that "young guy" might also be the next Corey Linsley or Allen Lazard who has to step in and play alongside that veteran at some point.

Chas from Phoenix, AZ

Wes, not really a question. While you are complaining about how warm it is let me remind you I spent 24 hours with no A/C on a day that turned out to top 115. It is however fixed and today's 119 won't bother me at all. Falls under the "no matter how bad you think you have it…" Thanks for the great work you and Mike do.

I've never been to Arizona in the summer, but I hear the horror stories all the time from my friends who live down there. Stay cool, Chas.

Rusty from Eustace, TX

Being an "old Marine" I understand the value of esprit de corps. Looks like Alvin Jones Sr. did as well and instilled this value to his son. I know from experience Aaron will reap the benefits when the game is at its hottest. Bravo Zulu Aaron and thanks for showing what real leadership is about!

His character is as strong as iron – and that starts with his parents, Alvin Sr. and Vurgess. And if you were to ask before this week, "Which player would be most likely to appear at an excused practice?", my answer would immediately have been Jones. As much as Green Bay needs Jones on the field, it also wants him in that locker room. That's why the Packers brought him back. Plus, the Bucks need Jones' good energy tonight.

Kyle from St. Charles, MO

Hey, Wes. Mike mentioned yesterday that Aaron Jones was the only returning veteran starter attending the on-field work during the final voluntary week. It's definitely not overselling it when you guys give him all the praise, huh? Everything I read, see, hear points to what an amazing teammate and person he is. So glad he's a Packer. Hope all the young players take something from the example he continues to set.

Again, that's why Jones is one of my favorites. By the way, this would be a good time to mention another all-time good guy, former Packers linebacker Andy Mulumba, is doing incredible work with his organization, Avenir. They're actually auctioning off some of Andy's Packers game-worn memorabilia on their Instagram accounts on Friday to raise funds for Mulumba's native country, the Democratic Republic of Congo. Please be sure to check that out. Amazing cause.