Inbox: Those answers are almost here

Cheesehead

Mar 19, 2019
jfz5kbtq7gfvx6jgnw7w

Aaron from Scottsdale, AZ

Quick research here. I believe these players won a Super Bowl, then actually won it again the following year by beating their former team and defending champs:

· CB Brandon Browner (Seahawks 2013, Patriots 2014)

· DE Chris Long (Patriots 2017, Eagles 2018)

· RB LeGarrett Blount (Patriots 2017, Eagles 2018)

Of course, the Patriots are involved in every case.

Ugh, how on earth did I forget LeGarrett Blount? Shame on me.

Mark from Dallas, TX

Wes has frequently been high on Josh Jackson in "Unscripted," but we again didn't see much of him at CB in 2020. A special-teams stalwart definitely has value, but is that his ceiling at this point? Any reasons to think he can make a jump on the defensive side this year before he hits free agency?

Jackson is still here, which says the Packers haven't given up, but this is the last year of his rookie contract. If it's gonna happen for Josh, it's gotta happen now.

Dave from Germantown, WI

What do think of Kenny Gainwell as a fit with the Packers? He opted out last year but was an absolute stud for Memphis in 2019. He may not be a first-round talent but if he dropped to the fourth or fifth round he could develop like Aaron Jones.

Gainwell was the lightning to Patrick Taylor's thunder at Memphis, so you know Green Bay has done its research on the former. Gainwell is actually smaller than Jones (5-8, 201) but has good lateral quickness, a nose for the end zone and can catch passes out of the backfield. Memphis ran him a lot, especially when Taylor was injured, so interested to see if he can open even more eyes at the next level.

Steven from Saint Albans, WV

In response to Mike from Ames, IA, we all know Mike has a lifetime contract with the Packers. Is Wes in line for a lifetime contract, as well? Does he want to stay here? Or would he rather go somewhere else where his lunch is safe? Or possibly somewhere he won't have to wait many years to fully take over? I hope he stays and retires here, but it isn't my decision to make.

Thank you, Steven. I knew there was at least one.

Mario from Montevideo, Uruguay

Hi Wes, on Thursday you mentioned Uruguay as the country you were the most surprised receiving submissions from. FYI, there is a Uruguayan Football League since 1999. It currently has five teams and three categories (full-pads, flag under 19 and women's flag). There is also a national team "Charrúas" that more or less regularly (pre-COVID) played against Argentina and Brazil. There are many NFL fans and the Packers probably have the largest crowd. Now, that's a surprise for you. Fan since 1962.

That's awesome. I'd love to get there someday.

Dar from Mansfield, TX

More dachshund wisdom. This is for folks worried about draft day. On squirrel-chasing day, Nickel watches things unfold. If the fast, elite squirrel he covets looks like it might get within his range, he prepares to jump forward to get it. If not, he waits for other really good squirrels he knows would work well. He never overextends himself, thus always ends up happy. So if BG sees a squirrel, er, player he covets come into play, he could jump up, but either way I'm betting the outcome will be OK.

But inquiring minds must know – did Nickel get the squirrel? Or was he just left barking until next chasing day?

Daniel from Los Angeles, CA

I love the Packers and I hope they draft a human for the year.

Love it. Moving forward, whenever fans ask what the key is to a successful draft, my reply shall be: Draft more humans. Have a good weekend, everyone.

HAVE A QUESTION?