Inbox: Those in the know…know

Cheesehead

Mar 19, 2019
uas3vepbhcyn0zmixoo2

Mark from Richardson, TX

Good Morning Spoff/Hod and II readers. In response to Zak from Somis, CA, I thoroughly enjoy the smart-aleck responses and hope they keep coming.

Wanna know what's funny? I almost responded to that question with "OK" the day before but then deleted it because Inbox was too long. I laughed when I saw Spoff had the same response the following day. Great minds think alike, right?

Dan from Morehead City, NC

After reading all the complaints about questions about non-Packers related questions, I realized I must have missed the rule that it was mandatory to read all the questions and answers. I had been skipping over questions that I didn't care about, is this going to get me banned?

I'm not sure if I should be honored or insulted. Maybe hon-sulted? But yeah, nobody is requiring you to eat every Skittle in the bag. Grab the ones you like and get on with your day.

Sawyer from Simpsonville, SC

I guess Mark from Byron, IL, and Zak from Somis, CA, must've never read Vic in the offseason because all the baloney would be flying until the season. Then, the baloney stops (and I don't mean baloney).

That baloney wasn't lost on me, either.

Sue from Tomah, WI

To all of those readers who complain about IIs Q&A on other WI sports: If you don't like it, don't read it! I sometimes get lost in all the details of drafts, contracts, etc., so I simply skip to the next question. Readers who are interested in those details get their answers, and my day is not ruined if I skip forward. So what's the big deal?

Correct. If you're annoyed by how Spoff and I run the bingo around here, feel free to frequent any of the other Q&As with Packers beat writers that post six times a week.

Robert from Glasgow, DE

Wes: The issue of "nonsense" questions and not every fan cares about other Wisconsin sports. The Inbox reveals the worldwide fan base, as the Pack were the first "America's Team." But at least 50% of Packers fans see the Pack as Wisconsin's team, with the old Braves, Brewers, Bucks, Marquette, all Badger teams, Andy North, Stricker, Whistling Straits, Erin Hills, muskies and walleyes. Give me my daily fix of the Inbox, the Milwaukee and Madison papers. Love all Wes and Mike's comments.

And we love you, Robert from Glasgow, Delaware.

Sam from Germantown, WI

Gee dang it, Mike/Wes. Why can't you guys only answer the questions I'm interested in and in ways that I, specifically, will agree with? I swear, if you guys don't do this column perfectly 13 or 14 more times, I'm out of here.

Maybe this year's Inbox fan of the year should get to ask all 15-20 questions for the following day's Inbox. Kind of like how the winning panelist on "Around the Horn" gets 30 seconds to spout his/her take.

Shannon from Ovilla, TX

Hey Mark and Zak! I read this column daily for Packers news, opinions, and entertainment. Reading about laser goalposts, the No. 88, other Wisconsin sports teams and Culver's bonds us together. Snarky responses make the column more relevant. The personality shown by Mike and Wes and regular writers such as Margeaux, Dean, Derek, Dar and others makes me feel like this is a community. If you want football-only questions and answers maybe try another forum. Thanks for all you do Mike and Wes!

And that's why we're here. Have a weekend, everybody.

HAVE A QUESTION?