Inbox: To bounce back from that showed some character

Cheesehead

Mar 19, 2019
gmogs7gbq2c4ufmo4qxc

Dan from Des Moines, IA

I would like to tell Gary from Oregon, WI, that Iowa State is a major program. Big XII is a power five conference and we play some of the top 25 teams in the country every year. Allen Lazard will tell you the same thing. He wouldn't change his college experience if he could.

Now if only he could stay on his feet to turn those long passes into touchdowns. I kid, of course. What a game from Lazard. I'm sure Wes didn't mean to overlook that Cyclone slight and I didn't either. I should have caught it while editing.

Jessi from Sterling, KS

"When you catch a ball like that, you get a billionaire to towel your face." – Cris Collinsworth on Aaron wiping Lazard's brow. My favorite commentary of the evening.

If he had carefully dabbed at it, like really meticulously, it would have been even funnier.

Lori from Heredia, Costa Rica

How many touchdowns has Rodgers thrown in his career to undrafted players?

Having watched the TV broadcast, I understand the sentiment (and narrative) behind this, and I was so impressed by the question I did some middle-of-the-night research. Don't hold me to these numbers because I was a bit tired, but I believe it's 36 TD passes in the regular season, five in the postseason. He's thrown TD passes to 12 different undrafted players, led by John Kuhn (with seven, plus three in the playoffs for 10 total) and Geronimo Allison (six). Lazard is now right behind them (five), along with Spencer Havner (four plus one) and Robert Tonyan (four).

Jim from Woodbury, MN

Can 87 use this game as a springboard?

Absolutely, and he should, because the Packers are going to need him.

David from San Antonio, TX

Do you think seeing Ty Summers, Oren Burks, Kingsley Keke, and Billy Winn make meaningful contributions was a harbinger for future depth and success?

I would imagine we'll find out. This win required key moments from a lot of guys.

Saul from Reno, NV

Great game! It seems the D got it together after the missed tackles on Kamara. It takes mental strength to bounce back and not miss a beat. This game showed what the Pack D is made of. P.S. – What do you think the score could have been if both Adams and Thomas were active?

I'm not sure the final would have been much different, honestly. As momentum-turning as Smith's turnover was, the ensuing three-and-out after the go-ahead field goal was just as impressive. The defense made three straight open-field tackles, two on Kamara. That was solid work.

Dennis from Rhinelander, WI

When Mason Crosby kicks the football, it looks so effortless.

Money Mason, and I'm not talking about his contract.

Curtis from Algonquin, IL

Larry McCarren is a treasure to Packer fans. He's a top-notch commentator with an understanding of the game that, with all due respect to his colleagues, only comes from having played at the highest level. I don't know if it's blinding charisma or his passion for football that makes the "Rock Report" the video I look forward to the most every week. To twist this into a question, is there a lab where they grow men like Rock, and do you fully appreciate the privilege of working with him every day?

Absolutely, on the latter. If there were a lab, he wouldn't be the one-of-a-kind man he is.

Lea from Brookline, MA

I think I've been able to enjoy football more this year. Every game I get to watch is one more game than I thought I'd be watching a few months ago. Of course it's more fun that the Pack have been winning, but I'm able to be a little more zen than in past years. Thankful for the players, coaches, officials, staff, and everyone taking precautions to make it possible to bring joy to us all.

Joe from Wausau, WI

And that is why we can't get enough of this sport. Chiefs vs. Ravens tonight. Over or under what Packers/Saints put up?

Gambling is illegal in the Inbox. Or at Bushwood. Happy Monday.

HAVE A QUESTION?