Inbox: You gotta believe

Cheesehead

Mar 19, 2019
ifvddvkgaypqkcpxxeu6

Steve from Land O' Lakes, FL

I hope AR is focused on beating the TB defense and not beating Brady. Is that how you think he will approach the game?

I promise you Steve the only thing Aaron Rodgers is concerned with is beating the Buccaneers and advancing to the Super Bowl. I've never been more confident of anything in my life.

Dan from Morehead City, NC

The storylines going into this game seem eerily similar to last year's NFC Championship Game. Like last year, I believe the game will hinge on the play of our defensive front. If they contain the run and pressure the pass, we should win. I felt the same last year. Our team is a different, and better team than last year's, and at home. The defensive front has been trending in the right direction and should be up to the challenge. Would you agree this is more important than turnovers and ST?

Protect the ball and play your game. That's it. Clear as crystal. I'm tired of talking about last year's title game.

Matt from Waunakee, WI

When fans look at their team, they tend to see the weaknesses. When they look at the opposition, they see strengths.

Yeah, it's great. Sarcasm font.

Brayden from Fayetteville, NC

Dear II, what free agents would you project get re-signed and which would you currently project walk?

We're four days from the biggest game the Packers have played in four years…and this is what you want to know.

Eric from Stramproy, Netherlands

Good morning, Wes. Philip Rivers' retirement: thoughts?

Great quarterback, one of my all-time favorite quarterbacks. I loved him at NC State and appreciated how he embraced the challenge of being the Chargers QB. He was a gunslinger and a master trash-talker, albeit G-rated. Rivers made the game entertaining and fun. I'll miss him.

Dennis from Beavercreek, OH

So Rivers has retired, which I expected. Do you think he will be voted into the HOF? Many believe Eli Manning will be voted in. The stats between the two are very similar except Manning has two SB wins. Does Rivers have enough?

He's a Pro Football Hall of Famer in my book. I'm not a voter, though, and am not here to debate it. We have more pressing matters at hand.

Nathan from Philadelphia, PA

With the combine being curtailed this year, how important is the Senior Bowl this week for scouting?

Not much changes with the Senior Bowl, but pro days will take on added importance.

Justin from Wausau, WI

You guys are the pros, but shouldn't it be "all the perch ARE in the livewell"?

You've never been fishing with me, Justin. I promise you perch is singular. All one of them.

Ben from Menomonee Falls, WI

To respond to Ryan from Watertown's comment on irony, and Mike's answer: "A coincidence is when two unlikely activities share similarities. ... Coincidence is often confused with situational irony. Situational irony is when the end of a situation is VERY different than what you would expect. For example: Your hairdresser has really, really bad hair." You're welcome. Go Pack Go!

And if you ask my good friend Pete Dougherty, there's no such thing as true irony.

Estillac from Belém, Brazil

Good morning, Wes! Mike replied to Greg from Downers Grove, IL, on Jan. 15, considering that he'd got the Inbox's first "Queen's Gambit" reference posted, but that honor belongs to you! Check your reply to Ferdinand from Woodbury, MN, on Dec. 1.

Oh, I'm very aware.

Andy from Verona, WI

Are you making space for Dean's II Hall of Fame bust next to Lori from Brookfield's?

He's making a strong run at 2021 Insider Inbox Fan of the Year…or whatever it is we call that major award.

Jerry from Mendota Heights, MN

Hope to celebrate my 68th birthday on the 24th with a win over the Bucs. Both sons coming to join us, one from Denver and the other from NYC. Lots of traveling for the four of us to attend the game, but all are excited to go. Isn't it great being a Packers fan?

Anytime you're still cheering for your NFL team on Jan. 21, that's a good thing. There are 28 other fanbases with no skin in the game this weekend. Cherish that Sunday afternoon matters. I hope you and the family have a great time.

HAVE A QUESTION?