Jerry Jones “couldn’t be happier” Dez Bryant is back in the NFL

Poe the Raven

Mar 16, 2019
GettyImages-1287226657-e1606839492936.jpg

Getty Images

Assuming there are no more postponements, the Cowboys will face the Ravens next Tuesday and that means a longtime Cowboy will play his first game against his former team.

Wide receiver Dez Bryant signed to the Ravens practice squad in October and appeared in two games as a temporary call-up before signing to the active roster last week. Cowboys owner Jerry Jones has always been quick to praise Bryant and that has not changed just because Bryant now plays for a different team.

“Dez has an eternal light of good,” Jones said on 105.3 The Fan. “If you love a competitor, or if you love somebody that his whole being is about getting to compete. He’s got his teammates best interests, great teammate. Dez is an eternal light of positiveness for our game. I couldn’t be happier to see him on the field. Now, I’m going to be a little worried because I do know how that rascal can go up there and get a ball.”

Bryant caught four passes for 28 yards while playing more than half the snaps in a Week 11 loss to the Titans.